Sunday 6 November 2022

Sunday, 06-11-22

 Good morning to you! 

Because I took out a twelve week countdown at SW, I came home on Friday with a free copy of their new recipe book,  Souper Soups.  SW have a lot of recipe books and most of them are pretty good.  This looks like becoming a favourite - there's some really delicious sounding recipes in it and, as soup is a go to lunch in the colder months, I'm really looking forward to trying some new recipes.  Mind you, sometimes I wonder if they read this blog as there are several of 'my' ideas in it - I guess there's nothing new under the sun really!

Having said that, right at the moment I have a chicken noodle soup on the make.  Most soups are pretty quick and easy but this one takes longer.  I cooked a chicken leg/thigh joint in the slow cooker yesterday, this morning I stripped off the meat and all the throw away stuff (skin, bones, etc) is continuing to simmer to get as much flavour as possible from it and later on today I will throw in the veg to slow cook overnight, finishing it off tomorrow morning.  Guess what lunch is tomorrow!

I do love a good soup.

(I should have used a firework divider yesterday but I didn't so here it is today instead - better late than never)

Yesterday's meal photos

I have no photo of breakfast because it was a dribs and drabs morning.  I had some yogurt earlier (no syns) and then a small banana and an easy peeler with my coffee during the walk.  Having got thoroughly damp and chilled during the walk, I was hungry when I got home so I had a café au lait (one and a half syns) and then a stick of celery. 

This looks a big old plateful, doesn't it?
I baked (well, microwaved and ninja-ed) three smallish potatoes and had one and a half for lunch as planned.  The rest of the plateful is pretty much speed with just a bit of super light mayo.  I was hungry and really enjoyed it.

Then I looked at the other one and a half jackets, scooped out the potato to mash and top the cottage pie, gave the shells a quick spray and another six or seven minutes in Nelly the Ninja (yes, I've named her - after all, my Thermomix is Thermione!) and, lo and behold, delicious, crunchy potato skins.  Very satisfying and no waste.

Dessert was a couple of small easy peelers.

I was going to say this was naughty but actually it wasn't.  Yesterday was a hungry day - no, not actually hungry, more munchy.  Anyway, I realised I hadn't had any healthy extra B so I toasted my healthy extra B bread and spread marmite on and it really satisfied.


Loads of lovely speed vegetables on my dinner plate.
I had no room for any yogurt so that was it for the day and I am really very chuffed that, despite feeling munchy, I held it all together and stayed within the plan.  Pat on the back!





Today's plans

B:  cooked breakfast
I'm having the works as a Sunday treat so I plan to have a sausage, bacon, egg, 'fried' bread, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms.  Rather a plateful, I know, but OK now and again and all within the SW plan.
SW:  three syns for one slice wholemeal

L:  honey glazed pork steak, roasted parsnips, assorted veg; fruit
This is a SW recipe that is supposed to be accompanied by spring onion and red pepper mash but I want it it feel Sunday roast-ish so I will do roasted parsnips and some speed veg plus some bisto gravy (unless I can find some free gravy in the freezer - you never know!)  Not potatoes though - yesterday was a bit potato heavy.
I think I am going to be lazy and use some frozen mixed veg instead of fresh.  No point having it if I don't use it, is there?
Here's the link to the recipe, should you have access.
SW:  the recipe says it is one and a half syns which will be for some honey and the gravy is two syns

D:  cheese and onion toastie, salad; yogurt
The usual!  It's a good way of using the healthy extras.
SW:  two healthy extra As and one healthy extra B plus half a syn for hm onion chutney and half a syn for yogurt

E:  A Lindsey class on YouTube.  She has just uploaded a couple of sessions, I noticed yesterday.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
seven and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment