Tuesday 8 November 2022

Tuesday, 08-11-22

 Good morning to you!  

After an early morning potter in the kitchen, I have rice pudding in the slow cooker and a butterbean and roasted pepper soup bubbling away in Thermione and a really nice, warm feeling inside about how lovely it is to enjoy cooking things from scratch.

Yesterday's meal photos
This went down a real treat for breakfast.  Very simple and easy and I forgot about grating some cheese to go on top.  Oh, well!
This was lunch, supposedly a chicken noodle soup but I didn't use noodles in the end, I used some little Halloween shapes I won in the SW raffle two weeks ago and had tipped into my 'posh pasta' jar.
I have another big bowlful for Wednesday lunch.

I had some melon for dessert.
The lamb tagine had definitely developed in flavour in the freezer.  I enjoyed it.

Instead of just yogurt, I really fancied some rice pudding (maybe it's the weather) so I made some on the hob using a healthy extra A of milk and sweetener instead of sugar.  I enjoyed it with a blob of yogurt and some blueberries - really nice and, as mentioned above, I have more on the make in the slow cooker this time, three good portions that use one healthy extra per portion.  I'd have done it overnight but I gather it needs an occasional stir.

Today's plans

B:  boiled eggs, marmite toast; fruit
I'm looking forward very much to this.  The fruit is to have before I go to Groove; it is not sensible to do an energetic exercise class without a little something beforehand.  
SW:  protein, speed, free, no syns

L:  butterbean and roasted red pepper soup; melon
I mentioned my new Souper Soups book on Sunday and today is the first go at a recipe from it.
This one looks very easy and I love how creamy blended butter beans make a soup taste.  It reminds me of a really nice parsnip and butterbean soup I used to make so I've put that on the list for next week.
SW:  speed and free, no syns

D:  sausage and bean pasta bake; rice pudding
I plan to make this using some red onion and rosemary sausages or, seeing as the day is syn free at the moment, I might see if I can find a couple of sausages in the freezer, a bit of bacon, some pulses (maybe cannellini beans as I have some left over from the noodle soup), chopped tomatoes, loads of veg and pasta.  I won't do any side veg as this will be plenty to fill me up, especially with cheese on top
SW:  one healthy extra A for the bake and one A for milk in the rice pudding 

E:  Groove class

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
maybe syn free

No comments:

Post a Comment