Tuesday 15 November 2022

Tuesday, 15-11-22

Hello, everyone.
The festive season is almost upon us and I have started using my Christmas china occasionally - not that you can tell because the food hides the picture on the plate/bowl, but the vibe is there.
I vaguely remember that last year I tried to give my meals a festive vibe in some way ranging from Christmas Spice to a touch of mincemeat and beyond!
Must go back and see what I made.
Yesterday's photos:

Fruit and yogurt for breakfast.  The pineapple had seen better days but it was so lovely and juicy!
My version of a pork ploughman's.  It was very tasty.  However - no pickled onions.  I though I had some in the fridge but I didn't.  Was I bovvered?

I was very full after this so didn't have any fruit.
This worked quite well and melting the cheese topping under the grill didn't curdle the sauce as I feared it might.  
There was just a little bit of pork left so I diced it and added it.  That pork really was great value.

I finished off with a yogurt

Today's plans

B:  a banana or an apple before Groove and sausage, potato waffle, mushrooms and tomatoes after Groove.
SW:  three syns for the sauce and two for the potato waffle plus half a syn for some brown sauce

L:  cauliflower soup with cheese and croutons
This is a James Martin recipe.  He's not my favourite TV chef by a long way but this looks good and can be made SW friendly.  I'm not adding the egg and a few of the ingredients will change.
SW:  the milk and some cheese will be my healthy As and the croutons my healthy B

D:  orange and five spice pork with veg and rice; yogurt
If you have access to the SW site, this can be found in the recipe section.  I will sub some of the veg to work with what I have in at the moment.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

E:  Groove class

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six syns


No comments:

Post a Comment