Saturday 12 November 2022

Saturday, 12-11-22

 Good morning to you!  

I have another callout to Simply Cook!  I have a subscription to them that means I receive four kits each month and I haven't been disappointed in what they provide, not once.
However, I do have a backlog of kits so wanted to pass on December's box.

I went onto the site and looked at my subscription details.  That option wasn't there but their contact email was very clearly stated so I emailed them with my request.

Within two hours an answer had pinged in.  Yes, no problem at all, your next delivery will be on [date stated].  And when I went into the site to make my choices for January, there it was, already actioned.
Now that's what I call prompt and good service.  A round of applause for Simply Cook!

Regarding the weigh in, I lost two and a half pounds so that was absolutely great.  I shared the SoW raffle with someone else but, given that I got a splendid hamper last week, the other lovely lady took it this week.
(We weren't Slimmers of the Week but the lady who was didn't stay.  We came second)
Yesterday's meal photos

Nothing special for breakfast but still very nice.  The strawberries were surprisingly flavoursome.



I enjoyed this.  There was some left over and I have re-frozen it as a tomato and red pepper sauce (It had a good boil up so it's safe to refreeze).
Then I had melon and later on an apple.

I was looking forward to this all day.  Was I disappointed.  No, I wasn't, it was bloomin' lovely.
I did have two sausages but one was a Morrisons 'The Best Cumberland sausage' (three syns) and I did a sort of comparison between that and the Sainsbury's one (five and a half syns).  I honestly couldn't taste much difference between the two, the sizes and prices weren't too different, it was just the syns.
By the way, because I wanted to taste the difference but they looked very similar, I twisted one sausage into two and that's what I do when making pigs in blankets - we like our piggies short and stout and also come December chipolatas do seem to go up in price a bit.  Must make my piggies soon and get them into the freezer.  I open freeze them before bagging them which means I can just take out a few at a time, if I want to.

I didn't have dessert but I did have a couple of G&Ts - G and elderflower presse, to be accurate, so I was over syns but that's the only time until after next weigh in so it will be OK.  I'm back on it again today.
Today's plans

B:  pancakes, fruit and yogurt
A Saturday treat.
SW:  one healthy extra B and a bit of A.

L:  roasted parsnip and butterbean soup; fruit
I will roast the parsnips, onion, carrot and celery first, using spray oil, in Nelly the Ninja before adding them to Thermione with some stock and some butterbeans, cook and blend and add some milk.  I will most likely have some grated cheese on top too
SW:  half an A for milk (it won't really be that but let's call it half) and half an A for some cheese

D:  one pot chicken with cannellini beans and chorizo, maybe some side veg; yogurt
I found this on the Olive site 
https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/one-pots/one-pot-chicken-with-cannellini-beans-and-chorizo/
It looks very easy, doesn't it, and tasty?  I might chuck in a couple of garlic cloves for extra flavour.
I'm not sure how much a portion will make so, if necessary, I can knock up a quick salad.
SW:  10g chorizo is one and a half syns and I have to measure the pieces I have in the freezer.  One tsp oil is two syns or I could use spray oil - I will see how I feel.  Half a syn for yogurt.

E: balance exercises and some strength work plus some much needed gardening.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
around five and a half syns


2 comments:

  1. I delayed my Simply Cook delivery as well. It comes under "manage subscription' on their app for future reference. I have no complaints about the company at all, only praise

    ReplyDelete