Monday 21 November 2022

Monday, 21-11-22

Good morning, everyone.
I've been watching through some of the Hairy Bikers' Christmas programmes and in one they made spinach pasta and meatballs.  The pasta was just flour and spinach and it intrigues me - has anyone reading this made the pasta?  Is it good?

I don't have fresh spinach in but I do have frozen and given that shop bought fresh pasta is SW free, I think I'd be safe to count the hm version as 'free' too, don't you?
Yesterday's meals:

This was breakfast.  Under the bacon and egg there's a potato waffle and the whole thing was very delicious and surprisingly filling.



I got stuck into cupboard tidying and kitchen work - Christmas puddings, pigs in blankets and veggie sausage rolls (all in the freezer now) and totally lost count at time.  I glanced at the clock and was shocked that it was half past four so I decided to just have a couple of easy peelers and have the roast chicken as an evening meal.
And here it is.  No ovens were harmed in the making of this dinner, just the hob.  The chicken took half an hour in Nellie and the parsnips twenty minutes.
It was absolutely lovely.
Dessert was one of the cinnamon bun Mullerlights and it was really tasty.

So yesterday turned out to be a two meal day.


Today's meal plans:

B:  sweet omelette, fruit and yogurt
Just what it says . . .
SW:  half a syn for some 2% Greek yogurt

L:  cheese and cranberry toastie, salad; fruit
I didn't have the toastie yesterday so I thought I'd have it today instead.  I ate up all the chicken but that's OK, cheese and cranberry sauce will be delicious, I am sure.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As, one healthy extra B

D:  one pan smoky beans and sausage meatballs, maybe pasta; yogurt
I found this in an old BBC Good Food magazine that I was flicking through before hand on.  I can sub spray oil for the real oil and the rest looks pretty SW friendly and healthy too.
I'll make it earlier and see how much it is before deciding whether to have pasta or rice s well.
Here's the recipe:
SW:  three syns for one sausage and half a syn for a bit of sugar (the recipe says) and another half syn for a yogurt

Exercise:  circuits with Lindsey

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns


No comments:

Post a Comment