Wednesday 9 November 2022

Wednesday, 09-11-22

 Good morning to you!  

I'm so glad I like cooking.  No, I'm not a great cook, I don't have a good palate or any particular skills but I like throwing stuff together and using up bits and bobs to keep any waste to a minimum.
This week I opened a can of cannellini beans (from last week's raffle).  I used some in the chicken pasta soup (2 meals), and what was left went into the tomato and veg mix which has stretched to two meals, one with veggie sausages and one with chicken.  I was pondering what else I could have made with them and thought of a few things
in a veg soup, obviously
baked beans
quesadilla
a sort of hummus
part of a salad
on couscous with salad veg

What else - any ideas?  I think I will Google and plan some in next week.  :-)
Yesterday's meal photos
I made a few changes to today's plans

In the end, I just had marmite toast, not boiled eggs.  It was delicious.  I was a marmite baby and have stayed so all my life - I love the stuff.
The butterbean and roasted red pepper soup was lovely and such a cheerful colour too.

Later on in the afternoon, I had an orange.
I had some couscous left over from Monday so I added that instead of pasta.  I know it looks a bit messy but it was nice.  It would have been nicer with proper sausages but there you go, can't have it all.  I must check the syns of really good sausages.

Dessert was a portion of rice pudding with some choccy yogurt and some blueberries.  I'm calling it one syn for the options choccy powder so I finished the day on one syn.

Today's plans

B:  choccy porridge with fruit and yogurt
SW:  half a healthy extra A, one healthy extra B and one syn for options choccy powder

L:  chicken pasta soup; fruit
As made and enjoyed on Monday, this should fill me up very nicely.
SW:  speed and free

D:  chicken with veg, side veg; rice pudding and fruit
I have quite a lot of veg and sauce left over from yesterday's sausage bake so I thought I would just add some cooked chicken to bulk it out and turn it into another messy meal!
SW:  one healthy extra A

E:  personal training

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one syn

No comments:

Post a Comment