Tuesday 29 November 2022

Tuesday, 29-11-22

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday's meal photos:

My first try of the gingerbread protein porridge.  It was quite nice although perhaps a bit too sweet for my taste.  The natural yogurt on top helped with that.
Did it keep me more full than 'normal' porridge would?  Maybe it did, it didn't feel significantly so but I was still feeling satisfied (but not full) when it was time for lunch and I'd had an energetic circuits session between the two.
Also, usually I want (and have) a piece of fruit late afternoon but I didn't want one yesterday.  Interesting.
Will I buy another pack once this one runs out?  I'm not sure, it's too early to say really.

The first of the SW meals I bought from Iceland, the aloo gobi, for lunch.
The potato was flavoursome (it's not always in ready meals), the cauliflower was cooked but not soggy and it was nice and spicy but it was spoiled for me by too much leaf coriander.  I am one of those unfortunates for whom coriander tastes like soap.
Will I buy it again?  No.  Will I use the accompanying recipe to make it - yes, I might very well as I can just ignore the coriander and add what I fancy.
Dessert was an easy peeler.
This was lovely - much, much nicer than it looks.  I found a pot of cooked lentils in the freezer so I didn't have to open a tin and have leftovers.
To the recipe, I added onion, peppers, baby corn and mushrooms and then crumbled a couple of chestnuts over for two more syns.  Yummy.
I guess it would have been even nicer with proper Italian sausages but I was happy with my Heck ones.

Dessert was a yogurt.


Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
This morning is going to be tricky.  I have Groove first thing so must eat a piece of fruit before going.  Then I have a meeting at school with a very short window of time to eat.  So fruit and yogurt seems to fit the bill nicely.
SW:  half a syn

L:  tomato and roasted red pepper soup with marmite toast; fruit
Just what it says.  The soup is from the freezer.
SW:  one healthy extra B

D:  chicken and vegetable traybake, yogurt  
It's a case of bung it in Nellie and let it roast/bake until done.  Nice and simple.
I have a leg joint in the freezer which I can use and I will take the skin off but keep it on the bone.  
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt but I'm hoping the rest is all free

Exercise:  Groove aerobics class today.

Summary:
no healthy extra As - ooops
one healthy extra B
one syn, I think




No comments:

Post a Comment