Monday 10 April 2023

Monday, 10-04-23

Morning, everyone.
Happy Easter Bank Holiday to you all.  Have a lovely day, whatever your plans.

Yesterday's photos:

This was so, so good and I've posted it separately as a recipe.

I changed things a bit.  I used plain 0% yogurt in the batter and added one tbsp Seville orange marmalade (two syns) from a batch I made yesterday, using a very old can of Mamade pulp that really did need using.
I had to try it out somehow, didn't I?

I enjoyed this.  Very green, isn't it.  I decided that there was more than enough on my plate without a Yorkshire pudding so I didn't reheat one.

I usually slow cook lamb steaks but this time I decided to try treating it like a steak and cooking it that way.
I worked very well and was nice but, on balance, I prefer the slow cooked version for the future.  I'm glad I tried it though.

Later on I had 3/4 of an apple (the other quarter went in the coleslaw), a pear and a plum.  Very nice.


Just cheg and salad for dinner.  Nothing terribly exciting but very nice, all the same.
I had a yogurt to finish.



Today's plans:

B:  potato and mushroom cheesy omelette, tomatoes on the side
I think a bit of cheese really does improve a basic omelette, don't you?
The potato is because I had some left over from yesterday
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese

L:  roast turkey, roasties, roasted parsnip, sweet potato and onion, broccoli, peas, carrots; fruit
Beth and Alex are round for lunch today so we're having a nice roast dinner.  I've made some sauce with the last of the cranberries from the freezer and I might make some stuffing balls seeing as I have some posh stuffing mix left over from Christmas (unopened)
I think I will use the oven for once as I can pretty much fill it.
SW:  one and a half syns for the cranberry sauce and I'm estimating the stuffing at two syns.  I think the rest is going to be syn free.

D:  turkey in a peshwari sauce, left over veg; yogurt
Mostly leftovers and the sauce is from the freezer.  It is basically just a construction job really.
There WILL be leftover veg!  😊
SW:  half a B and two syns for the sauce and half a syn for the yogurt

Ex:  Probably nothing specific as I will be busy but I often do a bit of stuff while waiting for pots to boil, etc.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
half a healthy extra B
six syns (est)


No comments:

Post a Comment