Sunday 16 April 2023

Sunday, 16-04-23

Morning, everyone.

It always amazes me to hear people say (on YouTube vlogs, etc) that Slimming World is 'too restricted/restrictive'.  
Just look at the wide variety of meals I have each week and then try to tell me that it is restricting my eating.  On the contrary, it has freed me up to look for and try ideas and recipes that I would never have had before.
Yes, it takes a bit of effort finding recipes sometimes but the Internet is a wonderful thing and something worth having is worth working for and is more valued accordingly.
(and I reckon it saves me a small fortune over the months, cooking from scratch)

Do you do Slimming World - if so, what do you think?

(We had such a beautiful rainbow yesterday)

Yesterday's photos:


This was just so, so good.
I discarded the blueberry idea and, to the basic mix added some sweetener, some orange essence and some zest from the orange I then de-segmented over a bowl to catch the juicy drips.
I warmed marmalade and any juice in the bowl to make the sauce.
When I had cooked the -pancakes, I spread some of the sauce over and rolled each pancake up, decorated with the segments and spooned over that last bits of the sauce.  It was amazing!
(Some squirty cream would have been nice but I didn't have any!)

I decided to make a larger crustless quiche because it's actually a lot easier than faffing around with smaller dishes (I wasn't going heat up the oven just for that so they'd have to be small to fit into Nellie).

So I had a quarter with salad, I'm having another quarter for breakfast and there's two in the freezer to slot into a couple of gaps in the planning for the coming week.



I made some scones for an afternoon tea next weekend.  All but one of them are safely in the freezer but I had to try one, partly just because and partly to see how it baked in Nellie.  The answer is - very well, thank you.  Just the scone, however, no butter or jam or anything else.


Who wants to pay a fortune for a greasy chip chop dinner when you can have this - not me and that's the truth.   It was lovely and so was the home made tartare sauce.  Something else I probably will be making myself from now on.
I made too many chips and couldn't eat them all and there's some peas left over for lunch today.
No room for dessert.



Today's plans:

B:  quiche leftovers, tomatoes and mushrooms on the side
SW:  one healthy extra A (cheese in the quiche)

L:  fruity pork steak, roasties, veg; fruit
I've made this before and it is so delicious.  I don't syn the cooked apple (silly rule!!) but it has half a tbsp redcurrant jelly which must be synned, although I do wonder about trying my orange marmalade instead.  I'll do that and see what it's like, I think.
SW:  one syn for half tbsp of the marmalade.  The rest is syn free

D:  gnocchi and tomato bake, maybe salad; yogurt
I'm using two recipes here.
The first is a Jamie One Pound Wonder recipe for a very simple gnocchi and I will use wholemeal flour (bit of a risk but what is life without a bit of risk, eh?) instead of plain flour.  OK, so a very tiny risk but I have never made gnocchi before.
Here's the link to the One Pound Wonders recipes booklet which is in .pdf format.
And here's the bake recipe which looks wonderfully adaptable and very simple.  I will use cheddar because that is what I have.
I'll reduce both recipes down to one portion (-ish).
I don't know how much it will make so, if necessary, I can knock up a very simple salad.
SW:  one healthy extra A and, probably, around half a healthy extra B plus half a syn for the yogurt

Ex:  pretty much a rest day although, weather permitting, I may go for a nice walk and there are plenty of Shimmy Snippets to use..

Summary:
two healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
one and a half syns - that seems very low for a Sunday and such yummy food.



No comments:

Post a Comment