Thursday 6 April 2023

Thursday, 06-04-23

Morning, everyone.

Yesterday's photos:


I had a banana before the exercise class.

The last of the Birds Eye potato waffles.I'll get some more at some point but not right now.


Avocado definitely works in a toastie.  Very flavoursome.  Unfortunately, I didn't get round to looking up about freezing and have had to discard what was left in the pot now.  I'll know better next time.
Then I had a few grapes and later on an apple.



The cheesy chicken and ham pie with veg was just as delicious as I remember it.  Definitely one to make again, for sure.
I had a yogurt afterwards and that was that!


Today's plans:

B:  poached eggs on marmite (was going to be avocado but . . . see above) toast, mushrooms
I'll have a banana or an apple earlier, before exercise class
SW:  one healthy extra B and three syns (two level tbsp smashed avocado)

L:  tuna salad; fruit
I have a tuna steak that has been in the freezer for quite a long time so it's well overdue for using up!  I think I will make a simple marinade with lime juice, soy sauce, agave nectar and chilli flakes, slice the tuna in half (to get thin slices), marinate for an hour before hand and then, as my friend, Diane, used to say, frighten the steaks by showing them the pan!  In other words, a very hot pan and a quick dip in and out again.
SW:  half a syn for a tsp agave nectar and I believe the rest is free/speed/protein

D:  chicken teriyaki stir fry; yogurt
A dead easy one pot of chicken and stir fry veg with teriyaki sauce added.  Simple but really tasty/
SW:  two syns for two tbsp teriyaki sauce (probably won't want that much) and half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  a SET class, at Lindsey's studio this week for a change.

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six syns


2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, yes you can freeze avocados; most supermarkets sell bags of them in the frozen section xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mo. I must look put for that. Thanks very much for the info. I really don't like wasting food at all. xx

      Delete