Wednesday 26 April 2023

Wednesday, 26-04-23

Morning, everyone.


Yesterday's photos:

An easily prepared breakfast but really filling all the same, surprising as it was so very low calorie (around 100, would you believe).

I had already had a banana to see me through Groove.
The meatballs are pretty hidden by the cheese in the photo and the roasted veg was squash, sweet potato, onion, peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms.

Later on I had some fruit and a couple of birthday choccies (which I synned) and I was still well under syns.
I've never had tonkatsu sauce - in fact I've never heard of it, have you?  When I looked at the ingredients (ketchup, Hendersons, soy sauce and sweetener), I wasn't sure, but it really was lovely.  I think it would also be nice with chicken or with salmon or in a wrap or pitta as the sauce.

No room for the yogurt for dessert.


Today's plans:

B:  fruit
Something light because I'm eating out at lunchtime.  I have all the usual stuff - strawberries, blueberries, apples, oranges and pears plus frozen fruit, so I can get a nice concoction together.
SW:  syn free

L:  Prezzo with Beth
There's a fairly comprehensive list of Prezzo/SW values on the SW site.  I will most likely have
- marinated olives (5 syns and I might share them with Beth)
- penne arabbiata (4.5 syns) - I've had this before and not only is it delicious, it is also a big portion, especially when chicken is added, and I can bring some home for another day.
We're going there because I have a two for one mains voucher.
SW:  around ten syns, less if we share olives, even less if I give the olives a miss.

D:   cheese and onion toastie, salad; yogurt
Something nice and easy as I'll likely be tired after shopping.
SW:  one healthy extra A, one B and one and a half syns for chutney plus half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  Circuits

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
twelve syns max, probably less

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your meal at Prezzo. It sounds like my kind of place. I've never heard of tonkatsu sauce either - is it Japanese inspired? I must keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, thanks, Chris.
      Yes, it is Japanese - I looked it up and basically is is a sort of Japanese BBQ type sauce. There are recipes out there, some very simple like the one I made and some more complicated but they all start with ketchup and Hendersons (or Worcestershire sauce) with bits of additions. Very SW friendly too, especially if you use low-everything ketchup.
      xx

      Delete