Sunday 9 April 2023

Sunday, 09-04-23

Morning, everyone.


Yesterday's photos:
Breakfast was some fruit that I took with me on a walk and had when we stopped for coffee.


A very filling and flavoursome ham and veg soup for lunch - really nice.

Later on, I had a pear and then, unfortunately, more than a nibble of cheese so that was my second healthy extra  and some!  Oh, well.
I had forgotten how nice the Balinese curry was.  It needed nothing more than some rice and some cooling yogurt (it was quite spicy).

I skipped any dessert.


Today's plans:

B:  hot cross bun pancakes, fruit and yogurt
It's Easter Sunday - I have to!  To make the pancakes, I plan to use the usual pancake/waffle batter and add cinnamon, mixed spice and nutmeg, plus some dried fruit and a bit of candied peel (I think I have some).  The dried fruit can count towards a B and the peel will have to be synned - I need to measure it out but 25g is three and a half syns and I am assuming ten grams is one and a half syns (30 calories).
Should be a nice treat for Easter Sunday morning.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the flour and dried fruit, one and a half syns for candied peel and half a syn for yogurt


L:  slow cooked lamb leg steak, Yorkshire pudding, new potatoes, peas, broccoli, cauliflower; fruit salad
Lamb is a very special treat and I'm going to enjoy this very much.  I'll cook it in the slow cooker for a few hours.  I know Yorkshires are not traditional with lamb but who cares?  Not me!  :-)
The garden mint is growing nicely so here's to some home made mint sauce and I have some onion gravy in the freezer so may very well have that.  I think it is free.
SW:  two and a half syns for the Yorkshire pudding and I think that's all.

D:  cheg salad, coleslaw; yogurt
Cheg is an old favourite.  Some call it devilled eggs, I think.  We've always called it cheg in our family.
SW:  one healthy extra A, two syns for some salad cream or mayo and half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  Something from Lindsey

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
seven syns


No comments:

Post a Comment