Tuesday 18 April 2023

Tuesday, 18-04-23

 Morning, everyone.

Yesterday was a funny old day.  I had workmen in from late morning onward until around eight so everything was rather topsy turvy.
What I was pleased about, though, was that I had no sugar cravings after Sunday's baking session.  That's quite a change as until recently I'd have had to fight the urge to plant my face in the sugar bowl.

I was also really pleased when I decided to check my BMI.  I know it's not the whole story and there are plenty of ifs and buts with BMIs but they are one piece of information among many and my BMI is now back in the 'normal' banding instead of being at the bottom of the 'overweight' one.  That's definitely a no-scales victory!

Another is that, as I'm off to Five Lakes Potters in under a fortnight for a Fun and Fitness weekend, I tried on some of my dresses for evening wear and they fitted and looked really nice.  Yay!!

It all seems to be coming together again now.

Yesterday's photos:

Breakfast was just fruit and a yogurt and I didn't take a photo as it was a bit snatched on the run.

The Iceland chicken skewers make a nice wrap filling.  I really enjoyed this lunch which was very simple and quick to prepare.  I had a plum for afters.

By the time the men had finished fitting the solar panels and got it all connected and working, it was past eight so I decided not to worry about the 'fruity' bit and just have the pork, cooked on Sunday, with the veg I prepped then too.  I was hungry and it was fine.
Afters was a yogurt.

So definitely outside my eight hour window but it was OK.



Today's plans:

B:  quiche and baked beans
The third of the four portions from the freezer and I just fancy baked beans with it.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one syn for some brown sauce

L: burger in a bowl, salad; fruit
I will use a M&S skinny burger for this which was, at the time of buying, a free food.  They aren't now so I guess they changed the recipe at some point.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for one slice of plastic cheese, one syn for some mustard and one for some salad cream or mayo

D:  chicken pie with rosti topping, veg; yogurt
The idea is to use a can of Aldi chicken in white sauce and jazz it up with extra chicken, veg and spiced/herbs because, on its own, it is pretty bland but makes a good starting point.  The topping is just grated potato with an egg mixed in, then put on top and baked.
It might very well make two portions in which case I will have the rest for lunch tomorrow.
SW:  one syn (or less) for the pie and half a syn for yogurt

Ex:  Groove class today

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
four and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment