Monday 16 August 2021

Monday, 16-08-21

 Morning, everyone.

Yesterday's photos:

No need for explanation, I am sure.  Just a fruity breakfast.
Fairly brown but I do love cheesy beans on toast.
I had a plum afterwards.
A nice Sunday roast dinner and I am chuffed to be able to say that 3/4 of the meal was home/allotment grown.  
I finished off the day's eating with a Mullerlight.


Today's plans:

B:  fruit platter or salad
I've had a melon slowly ripening on the side and I reckon it is time to cut it and see.  It's always a bit of a mystery package, a melon is.  I've also got some wonky mangoes that have softened beautifully so the fruit platter today will look a bit tropical!
SW:  speed and free, no syns

L:  tomato soup, croutons; fruit
I've reached the point at which I am picking more tomatoes than I can get through in salads so it was time to make my tomato soup.  In fact, it is tomato and roasted red pepper soup, made yesterday, because I had the fag end of a jar of peppers in brine that needed using up
All I do is bung tomatoes, carrot, onion, roasted red pepper, garlic puree and stock (I had proper chicken stock in the freezer) in Thermione, cook it for around twenty minutes, give it a good old blend and then push it through a sieve to make it really nice and smooth.  Seasonings are to taste and I might add a dash of milk or a bit of Philly light when I re-heat it up.  I'll see how I feel when it comes to it.
I've got home made croutons because healthy extra B . . .
At 63 calories per portion without any dairy additions, it's perfectly acceptable as a snack too, if I feel particularly peckish.
(You don't need a Thermomix to make this soup - use a saucepan and a blender instead)
SW:  the basic soup is all speed and free; if I add Philly light, it is two syns per 25g which would be more than enough and if I add milk I can call it part of a healthy extra.

D:  Slimming World smoky barbecue chicken, veg, maybe konjac noodles; yogurt
Another Chicken Challenge meal and I found this recipe on the SW site - I think it is one that everyone can access so here's the link.
https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/smoky-barbecue-chicken
I thought it would be interesting to make it up and compare it with the Slimwell ready meal which I quite like but which is really too 'sweet' for my taste.
There's a great long list of ingredients but I have everything in and when you look properly, it's not so complicated to make up really and there's some bits I can do in advance.  And the good thing about it being a SW recipe is that all the SW values are worked out for you.
I've very roughly entered the ingredients into Nutracheck and it comes to under 400 calories which is pretty good for a main meal.
SW:  one syn for the noodles (if I have them) and half a syn for the dessert

Summary:
no healthy extra A apart from maybe a bit of milk.  Ooops.
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns


No comments:

Post a Comment