Thursday 12 August 2021

Thursday, 12-08-21

 Good morning.

Yesterday's meals:

The roast dinner soup for breakfast and it really set me up nicely for personal training with a banana to follow..

I also had a peach early morning.
Lunch - the little bit of bbq chicken with a nice big salad followed by a peach.

Dinner - the chicken in orange.  Very tasty.  In the end, I didn't open the konjac rice, it wasn't necessary, I just had stir fry to which I added a tbsp each of soy sauce and oyster sauce.

I finished off the day's eating with a yogurt.


It's all going so well, it is almost scary!

Today's plans:

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
I have what looks like zillions of blueberries in the garden so I can use some of them.  The pineapple is all finished but I have kiwis ready plus peaches and nectarines so it should make a nice fruit salad.  I think the rest will be frozen for another time.  I wonder what blueberry gin or vodka tastes like.
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  ham salad, fruit
Ages ago, my son and partner brought over some cooked ham joints they found in Asda really, really cheap for me to store in my freezer as theirs was full.  They gave me one so, before freezing, I sliced it and wrapped each slice and now and again I take another slice out.  It's not the best ham in the world but it is OK and some of my onion chutney will liven it up.
SW:  the ham and the salad veg are all free/speed, the chutney is half a syn and any salad dressing will be half a syn.

D:  bolognaise, runner beans; yogurt
The bolognaise is made with > 5% mince plus all the usual additions including some lentils which always bulk it up nicely for extra flavour, thickness and economy!  It is all in the slow cooker this morning so it will bubble deliciously away during the day and be ready when I want it.  The house will smell pretty good too.
The runners are from Dad's garden.
SW:  the bolognaise is all free/speed/protein, half a syn for a yogurt.  I'll probably have some grated cheese over the bolognaise for a healthy extra A

Summary
one healthy extra A
no Bs - but with all the fruit and veg I am consuming at the moment, I'm not going short on fibre!
two syns






No comments:

Post a Comment