Wednesday 25 August 2021

Wednesday, 25-08-21

 Good morning.

Yesterday's meal photos:






The mango I used for this was so ripe that it was almost a puree.  Absolutely gorgeous.  I flavoured the yogurt with coconut skinny syrup to give it all a sort of tropical vibe.






A very good way to use up both a bit of sauce from the hunter's chicken the day before and some cooked chicken from a pack.  I just heated them up together in the microwave for a short time.

I had some strawberries and a pear for afters.


I have to say, this Hello Fresh delivery has been absolutely delicious and this was no exception.  Mango chicken wraps.  It was spicy and flavoursome but not really hot and so very easy to put together.

I made the lot up and have half of both the salad and the chicken mixture left for today.

I think I'm going to reproduce it as closely as I can as a separate post recipe.  ( definitely want to make it again.

Today's plans

B:  breakfast muffins, tomatoes on the side.
The usual nix - a bit of bacon, onion, red pepper and mushroom, maybe flavoured with some nutritional yeast, which is a bit cheesy for a fraction of the calorie/syn cost
SW:  all speed and free unless I add some nutritional yeast which is one syn per level tbsp

L:  mango chicken (without taco shells), salad
The second portion of the Hello Fresh meal I cooked yesterday but without the taco shells which are now nicely wrapped up and in the freezer.  I might have a wrap for a healthy extra B instead, in fact, I probably will.
SW:  one healthy extra B, two and a half syns for the mango chicken (mostly the mango chutney and I got it wrong yesterday), maybe a tbsp for mayo on the salad

D:  Santa Fe chicken, runner beans; yogurt
This is something I've never heard of before.  Someone mentioned it in a Facebook group I help to admin, Slimming on a Shoestring, so I looked it up and found this recipe.
It looks pretty simple to make and the only thing I will cut is the leaf coriander because I hate it - soapy stuff.
Basically, it is spiced chicken with a black bean and onion mixture, topped with cheese.  I have a can of black beans plus everything else so it's all go.  I'll let you know what I think of it.
SW:  one healthy extra A (maybe more) for the cheese and half a syn for the yogurt

Summary:
one to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
five syns



2 comments:

  1. I'll be trying the Santa Fe chicken ... looks delicious. Thanks for this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks really nice, doesn't it? Very SW and calorie friendly too. Now I have to look up ideas for using the rest of the black beans - although I could always freeze them, of course. :-)
      xx

      Delete