Saturday 21 August 2021

Saturday, 21-08-21

 Good morning.
Weigh day results were not good and I was a bit devastated until I remembered I had vowed to take it all positively.  A shame I didn't remember until after I'd gone home and - er - not followed the plan for the day!  Never mind, back on it straight away.
It was a maintain - after all my careful planning, 'just' a maintain.  It's very slow progress at the moment!
I truly can't see what I can change that will improve things but I have had plateaux before and survived.  It's just not a good time for it really.  Must remember to control what I can control and let the rest take its course.

Yesterday's meals:

Obviously, no photo of breakfast and none of lunch either.  I did have the sushi, set it all out beautifully on my plate and then got distracted so forgot to take the photo.    I will get that kind of sushi again; it was the chicken and duck sushi and was both tasty and filling (and low syn!).

This was dinner, the Hello Fresh Thai spiced burger with sweet potato fries and a salad.  As you can see, I overcooked the burger rather significantly so it wasn't as nice as it should have been and not a fair test of the recipe.  The fries were lovely - I did them in the actifry and added seasonings and a good pinch of sumac.  I'll do that again!
I didn't bother to knock up the dressing, I just used my own tomatoes and cucumber.  I like a plain, naked salad!
There were peanuts to sprinkle over - I ate them separately.  Nice.


Today's plans:

B:  savoury pancakes with bacon and tomatoes
As I didn't get my pancakes yesterday, I'm having them today instead, but savoury instead of sweet.  I have loads of tomatoes picked from the garden and the bacon adds flavour too.  I'm not sure how much cheese I will need for a good cheesy ooomph so I'll allow 45g and see if I need that much.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As and one healthy extra B (the oats)

L:  mango and lime chicken fillets with coleslaw and salad; fruit
This is a pack of cooked chicken from M&S and I may very well add some fresh mango and a squeeze of lime as well.  The coleslaw is h.m. so only the mayo carries syns and the salad is all speed and free.
SW:  three and a half syns for all the chicken in the pack - I may save some for a later nibble.  One syn for the coleslaw.

D:  Teriyaki pork noodle stir fry with mushrooms, runner beans; yogurt
The second of the Hello Fresh meals and, looking at the ingredients, the only thing that is carrying any syns is the pork mince which I am calling six syns as it really doesn't look like the low % fat kind.
The runner beans are not part of the H F meal but I have so many at the moment now the plants are cropping.  Would runner beans as a snack sound odd??
SW:  six syns for the pork and half a syn for the yogurt

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eleven syns.  Higher than usual but within the limit.  I will check those calories too, just to be safe.


2 comments:

  1. I can imagine how disappointed you must have been, Joy, particularly when you've been working so hard and sticking to the diet. Well done on your positive attitude, though. Sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to this dieting thing, is there? You'll get there, I know you will. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather but it is what it is and I live in hope. The good thing is that I am very much enjoying it all so it's hardly a hardship to stick at in and persevere.
      Thanks, so much, Sooze.
      xx

      Delete