Tuesday 3 August 2021

Tuesday, 03-08-21

 Morning!

Yesterday's meals:

Bacon, beans and tomatoes or breakfast.  The tomatoes were all from the garden and tasted amazing!
The soup was made mostly from roast dinner leftovers.  I softened some onion, added stock and a small carton of passata, chopped the cooked veg and leftover beef, removing any fatty bits and added them plus a random mushroom, seasoned, added a few chilli flakes and let it all simmer.  Instead of sprinkling the cheddar over the soup, I spread it over the pitta and popped it under the grill to melt and that was very nice too.  The meal finished off with two small easy peelers.
(The best thing is it made three portions of soup so that's two for the freezer for other lunches)


Dinner was the SW recipe for crispy chilli beef and it was absolutely gorgeous.
I changed a few things.  Instead of faffing around with individual vegetables for the stir fry, I use some frozen stirfry vegetables - so much easier.  Also, I didn't have any brown sauce so I used bbq sauce instead.  Finally, I totally cut the noodles; it would be great with noodles but I didn't really fancy any, focussing on more veg instead.
I am definitely making this again, maybe with chicken next time.  That would be nice too, I think.
I finished off with a coconut kvarg and the whole meal came to 528 calories and two syns while the whole day's eating came to 1,202 calories

Today's plans

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
I just thought 'what do I really, really want?' and this was the answer.  I have a nice mixture of fruit and there are blueberries ready to pick too.  I'll have 100g 0% Greek yogurt and maybe add some vanilla and sweetener to make it taste custard-like
SW:  speed and free, no syns

L:  mini tortillas, salad; fruit
I have a friend round for dinner and I'm going to make mini tortillas because they are easy and tasty.
I plan to line the holes of a non-stick muffin tin with some wafer thin ham, then add a slice of cooked potato in the bottom (I have the potato on the boil as I type), then add softened onion, mushroom and red pepper before pouring over a custard made with eggs and milk, well beaten, with added seasonings and grated cheese.  I can't see why it wouldn't work so fingers crossed.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese and the rest, I believe, will be speed or free

D:  cheese and bacon burger, salad; yogurt
The burger will use 150g under 5% mince, some seasonings, softened onion and perhaps some chopped red pepper too.  I have some slices of smoked applewood cheddar which is really nice and the last (shame) of the Southwold bacon.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese, one B for the bread roll, up to one syn for salad dressing and half a syn for yogurt

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
one and a half syns


1 comment: