Friday 15 September 2023

Friday, 15-09-23

Good morning, everyone.

Weigh in today and, as usual, I have no confidence.  For a start, I had a fairly undeserved loss last week and that usually rebounds.  For another, I have a feeling it is my one-in-four week - there's a pattern to my weight loss and, despite my great age and being well past the menopause now, there still seems to be a residual impact.  Weird, isn't it?  Thirdly, I started exercise classes again this week and one often gains a bit of fluid at that time - muscles repairing or something.

Anyway, whatever the results, I'm not fussed.  I've had a good week, ate healthily, enjoyably and on plan and got back to exercising again.  No problem!  :-)

Enjoying the journey and letting the target sort itself out over time!  Works for me.

Yesterday's meal photos:

A very satisfying cooked breakfast.  The bacon was lovely.
The last of the cassoulet and it was so, so filling.  I will definitely be making similar dishes come the colder weather.  Loads of veg, lean meat and herbs.  So good.
I changed dinner.  I couldn't be bothered to make hunter's chicken so I hammered the chicken out flat and just spray fried it.  Both the tomatoes and the cucumber were from the garden and very flavoursome.
I had a juicy orange for afters and that was that.

Today's plans:

B:  pancakes, fruit and yogurt
probably cinnamon pancakes with apple and maple syrup topping with some yogurt on the side.  Lovely!
SW:  half a healthy B for 20g wholemeal SR flour and two syns for a tbsp maple syrup

L:  fruit
I find that pancakes fill me us, as do apples, so I expect I won't want all that much so fruit it is!  I have some melon that needs using up.
SW:  syn free

D:  chicken and bean balti, butter chicken, rice, onion bhajis; fruit/yogurt
I had planned that if I hit target, I would get a take away Indian but the more I thought about it, the mose I realised that wasn't what I wanted at all.
In the freezer I have a chicken and bean balti and a small portion of butter chicken from when Dave and Anna came over a fortnight or so ago.  I can jazz it up with some onion bhajis (SW recipe), some mango chutney (synned) and either rice or a hm flatbread/naan sort of thing (if I use wholemeal flour, I will call it a healthy extra B)
SW:  The balti is syn free, I have no idea of the butter chicken but the portion is very small, two syns for 10g gram flour (should make two bhajis) and one healthy extra B for the flour in the flatbread (I might use less) - if I have it.  The mango chutney is one and a half syns per level tbsp

Exercise:  back exercises

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one and a half healthy extra B
six and a half planned syns plus the butter chicken, whatever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment