Wednesday 6 September 2023

Wednesday, 06-09-23

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meal photos:

OK, so it was all change yesterday but it ended up OK (I think)
I had an apple and a nectarine in the morning before driving off to meet my friend.  There weren't any calories on the menu, sadly, but in the end I went for a veggie sausage and cheese panini with a little salad and some crisps and ate the lot.  Delicious.  
Sorry, no photo.  It just seems very impolite to whisk out a camera - for me, that is, no criticism of anyone else.  :-)
It did really fill me up, perhaps a bit too much, as I felt really stuffed all afternoon.

So . . .

. .  I really didn't want to cook in the evening and wasn't nearly hungry enough for the tuna melt pasta bake anyway so instead I put together a very simple, clean salad and mixed a small can of tuna with two syns-worth of salad cream and some lime juice.
It was perfect.

Although the syns, etc, will be all haywire, I think the calories will be OK really.  Hope so, anyway.

Back to normal today!

By the way - those very little tomatoes - they are called Sweet Aperitif and they are lovely - beautiful bursts of sweetness.   I will be looking out for them again next spring, for sure.


Today's plans:

B:  sweet omelette with fruit
Perfect for what promises to be another hot day
SW:  syn free

L:  tomato and roasted red pepper soup, croutons; fruit
My own recipe - cook some tomatoes (fresh or from a can), some roasted red pepper from a jar, some onion and carrot in stock with whatever seasonings you fancy, blend well and push through a sieve.
Because I push it through a sieve, I don't remove the tomato skins or anything so it really is dead easy
I also have some leek and a broccoli stalk so I might very well make some leek, broccoli and potato soup too, for tomorrow.
Or swap them around . . .
SW:  one healthy extra B for croutons, part of a healthy extra A for grated cheese

D:  pork noodle stir fry; egg custard, fruit and a dollop of yogurt
Another from the current magazine, p 57.  Again, nothing new or startling but I know it will taste great.  It's going to have a bit of a tang to it as it has ginger and chilli.  Nice.
I've finally made the egg custard again.  It's early morning as I type and it is in the oven so it will be well set and nicely chilled by dinner time.  I have made four little ones in ramekin dishes; the recipe says for two but it's made four so that's desserts for the next few days.  I'm not sure how I will serve it but it will be with fruit and a bit of yogurt
SW:  one syn for sugar in the egg custard and the rest of the first healthy extra A

Exercise:  Lindsey's back exercises, a walk around town

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
one syn

No comments:

Post a Comment