Wednesday 20 September 2023

Wednesday, 20-09-23

Good morning, everyone.


Yesterday's meal photos:

Well, all I can say is I'm definitely going to make this baked bean recipe again - it was so, so good.
Here's the link.
I used haricot beans and mixed herbs because I didn't have just thyme or cannellini beans.  Also, I added a splash of soy sauce because I think Hendersons and soy sauce go well together.
When I first made it, it tasted so, so sweet but after simmering it, the sweetness diminished and the savoury developed.  Perfect . . .
It's made three really good portions.

I had already had an apple before Groove and I had a couple of little easy peelers at around twelve thirty (lunch is at two)

The M&S creamy Caesar dressing (lighter) is so nice.  This Caesar salad was very good.

Later on, I had a few plums.

Dinner was the curry leftovers from Monday with added chicken.  Really nice and the flavours had developed well.
Again, it filled me up so that was it for the day.



Today's plans:

B:  sausage bagel, brown sauce, h m baked beans, tomatoes
Oooh, I really fancy this, it is making my mouth water.
I'll get one of my 'real' sausages out of the freezer, take the skin off and reshape it into a patty.  I prefer the higher meat sausages and they tend to be lower in syns.
SW:  three syns for the sausage, one syn for some Crucials brown sauce, two syns for the baked beans (they are h m and carry some synnage; I'm estimating this time but will work it out properly, given that I'm making them again), one healthy extra B for the bagel

L:  tomato and roasted red pepper soup, croutons, small salad; fruit
The soup is from the freezer and I'm using the flexibility I have with the healthy extras for the croutons.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for croutons, half a syn for a sprinkling of mixed seeds

D:  chicken penne arrabbiata, perhaps a side salad; fruit/yogurt
Still using up the Sunday roast chicken on one of my favourite dishes.  I'll grate some parmesan to sprinkle over the top.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese, two syns for a tsp olive oil

Exercise:  personal training

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one and a half healthy extra Bs
seven and a half syns


The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've congratulated you on reaching target, sorry about that. So congratulations Joy, I'm so pleased for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, no problem, Sue. Thank you very much though, that's most kind. Love to you. xx

      Delete
    2. Sue???? I means Sooze, of course. xx

      Delete