Monday 25 September 2023

Monday, 25-09-23

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meal photos:


This never disappoints.  So good!
I had strawberries in the fridge, bought a few days ago, but already they had gone beyond manky.  I won't be getting any from Morrisons for a while to come.  M&S, maybe . . .
So I salvaged what I could and added some plums.



It's amazing how flattening out two little bits of chicken and adding some breadcrumbs can make such a tasty thing.

Afterwards, I had a plum, a pear and a few grapes.
The quiche was very tasty and I decided to fry some tomatoes to have with it.  The weather has definitely turned autumnal and makes one think of warmer foods.
After that, I was full up so didn't have anything else.

Today's plans:

B:  sausage, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms
I have one portion of my home made baked beans in the freezer so I'll finish that off and the Morrisons best Cumberland chipolatas are really nice, I think, and pretty SW friendly so . . . why not.
SW:  a bit high in syns - two for the baked beans and four for sausages, but OK if I keep the syns low for the rest of the day

L:  crustless quiche, salad or cooked tomatoes; fruit
The quiche is leftovers from yesterday and I will decide what to have with it when it is lunch time.  Both choices are syn free anyway.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese

D:  chicken casserole with veg; fruit/yogurt
I will make the casserole using tomatoes, onion, mushroom, pepper, bacon and chicken - the usual culprits, in fact - plus some herbs and I think I'll make it a one pot by adding either a small amount of orzo or rice which will thicken the sauce up nicely.  I shouldn't need anything else with it at all
SW:  this should be syn free

Exercise:  small group circuits

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra B
six syns

The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment