Sunday 17 September 2023

Sunday, 17-09-23

Good morning, everyone.
So here we go on the continued journey to maintain.

I did my food shop yesterday morning and treated myself to . . . some fish fingers!  You see, I've always loved a fish finger salad sandwich, pitta or wrap but haven't really indulged in the past few years.  I don't have it planned in this week but next week . . . why not?

Yesterday's meal photos:

I went food shopping and decided to treat myself to some lovely fruit.  It was delicious - sweet and juicy.
(and the raspberries were from the garden)
The egg custard baked in Nellie worked out really well so, from now on, that's how I'm going to do it.





A nice, simple lunch but, as you can tell, I overcooked the salmon.  It was a fillet, not a steak, and really only needed half the time I gave it.  Oh, well, not to worry.

Later on, I have some grapes and some plums.

Nothing super different about dinner.  I've made is often, one way or another.  There's no doubt, however, that just a little bit of oil (I just used one level tsp for two syns) makes the most delicious air fryer chips.

That was it for the day - I was very satisfied.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
A typical breakfast that I enjoy.  I might use some skyr baked apple flavour yogurt I got in M&S - I've pretty much stopped having flavoured yogurts after reading the ingredients list, but now and again . . . and baked apple . . . and the additives are not as bad as some, believe me!
The whole 450g pot is one and a half syns
SW:  half a syn for yogurt

L:  roast chicken dinner (chicken, roasties, carrots, broccoli, sprouts - yes, sprouts are back, three cheers, and cranberry sauce) on a yorkshire platter
This is a treat - I usually use a chicken fillet but I rather fancied roasting a whole bird and I'm out of real chicken stock anyway.  Time to make some more.
The Yorkshire is 15g flour and 35mls milk (and the egg, of course) and I'm doing it in the oven as trying it on the hob was a bit of a dismal failure.  Oh, well, I'm doing the chicken and the roasties in Nellie so it could be worse.
SW:  The flour is part of a B (now I can have a bit more) and the milk is part of a healthy extra A.  One syn for half a tsp oil on the roasties. Cranberry sauce is one and a half syns for a level tbsp

D:  cheesy chicken and chutney toastie/wrap; salad; fruit/yogurt
I have cooked chicken to use up now.  :-)
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As, one healthy extra B and one and a half syns for a tbsp chutney or cranberry sauce.

Exercise:  a Lindsey online class

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one and a bit healthy extra Bs
four and a half syns

The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, on the site and in the app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

No comments:

Post a Comment