Sunday 3 September 2023

Sunday, 03-09-23

Good morning, everyone.
It's nice to get back on plan after yesterday's excitements.  

Yesterday's meal photos:

It amazes me how such simple, basic ingredients can combine to make such deliciousness.
The pancakes are:
30g plain wholemeal flour
one medium egg
around 50 to 60 mls milk
water if needed to slacken the batter so it spreads quickly over the hot pan
plus whatever flavourings you want - I used lemon essence and sugarly

Use spray oil and a non stick pan to cook.

I sprinkled over lemon juice and a bit more sugarly before folding them into four

The cheesy leek and potato bake part of dinner was absolutely scrumptious and I'm so glad I made enough to carry over till today.
It's from the current SW magazine, p47.

It's nothing different, Mum used to make something similar when we were little, but I had sort of forgotten.  I think it will be a regular from now on and it's one of those dishes where you can use whatever you have.  Shred of chicken picked off the carcass would be nice, or chopped ham or bacon, different veg . . . the list just goes on.
As long as you measure the cheese and don't add oil, etc, it can't be anything but SW friendly too.


Today's plans:

B:  cooked breakfast - bacon, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms
Yummeroony!
SW:  syn free

L:  roast chicken dinner,  assorted veg; fruit
I was planning to have it on a Yorkshire platter but have changed my mind - I'll do that another time, I think.  The idea is to wrap half a chicken breast fillet in bacon, bake it and slice it.  More than enough!
And I have half of the cheesy bake left from yesterday so that can take the place of the roasted veg I was planning to have.  I might cook some broad beans from the freezer as they're one of my favourites. 
Finally, I don't have any cranberry sauce, nor cranberries in the freezer (must look out for some) but I do have plenty of home made green tomato chutney that is nicely mature now.
SW:   one healthy extra A and three syns for the bake and one and a half for one tbsp chutney.

D:  cheese, tomato and chutney toastie, side salad, coleslaw; fruit/yogurt
Got to have a toastie from time to time.  Can't live without toasties!
SW:  one healthy extra As and one healthy extra B plus one syn for salad cream in the coleslaw

Exercise:  Lindsey's back exercises x 3

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment