Tuesday 19 September 2023

Tuesday, 19-09-23

Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to my blog, one of my weight loss strategies that helps me stay on track and accountable.

Yesterday's meal photos:


Avocado on toasted rye bread really works.  So does egg and as for the tomatoes - how am I going to cope when they stop, which can't be long now?
A lovely lunch of a sort of Greek style salad with olives, chicken and feta.  Very filling as well as good to eat.
I had fewer olives and subbed one syn's worth of mixed seeds instead.

Later on, I had an apple.


And then dinner was a ready meal from Aldi, sweet potato curry.  It was surprisingly nice with a bit of heat.  Again, the bhajis didn't disappoint.

There's at least half of the curry left so I have added some chicken from Sunday's roast and I'll make some more bhajis and have it tonight.

I had no more room so no dessert so that was the day's eating window closed.



Today's plans:

B:  beans on toast, mushrooms on the side
I took a fancy to make my own baked beans using white beans (cannellini or haricot) and garden tomatoes.  Not American baked beans, UK baked beans.  I made it yesterday and am looking forward to trying some today.  If they are nice, I will post the recipe I used.
SW:  half a B for bread and two syns for the beans (the recipe had oil and maple syrup so does carry a few syns)

L:  Caesar salad, fruit
Much the same as yesterday really but with some light Caesar dressing and no olives - don't have any left they are on the shopping list.
SW:  one healthy extra B for croutons and one A for some feta plus half a syn for mixed seeds plus two syns for one btsp M&S lighter Caesar dressing

D:  chicken and sweet potato curry, bhajis; fruit/yogurt
As explained above.
SW:  one syn for the curry, two syns for bhajis

Exercise:  Groove dance aerobics

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
seven and a half syns



The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

No comments:

Post a Comment