Tuesday 26 September 2023

Tuesday, 26-09-23

Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to my blog where I talk about my SW maintenance meals and the recipes I find helpful online and in books as well as my own concoctions.

Yesterday's meal photos:


A very yummy breakfast indeed, enjoyed after some gardening.

The baked beans are home made.  There's recipes out there but basically it's any kind of tomato sauce, whatever you really like, plus some white beans (haricot or cannellini).

I suppose it was almost a frittata rather than a quiche and it filled the gaps after circuits.

I had a few grapes for afters.
I know this looks like sludge but it was absolutely delicious - chicken, onion, pepper, mushroom, courgette, basmati rice and a sauce made of fresh tomatoes plus some seasoning oomph and a dollop of cooling yogurt.
And I was full!



Today's plans:

B:  boiled eggs and marmite toast fingers
I haven't had this for absolutely ages so I'm looking forward to it very much.
As I have Groove first thing, I will eat an apple before it starts - I find I need that bit of extra energy it gives me.
SW:  one healthy extra B for toast

L:  tomato and roasted red pepper soup, croutons; fruit
My usual. home made version and using up some of the last of the garden tomatoes.  After this, it will be tinned again and not quite so nice but that's life!
The croutons will count as a bit more B but, as I'm not having any As, it will be fine calorie-wise, just not balanced according to SW.
SW:  half a healthy extra B

D:  sausage meatballs in a tomato sauce, some kind of pasta, broccoli and sprouts; fruit/yogurt
I plan to use one Morrisons chipolata and one rosemary and red onion sausage, mixed together with some seasonings and some softened onion.  I don't need the cheese because the sausage has some fat, that's why it is synned.   Mix it all together, shape as many meatballs as the mixture provides, spray fry, then add the sauce (I am using the other half of that jar I opened the other day) and Bob's your uncle.
SW:  two syns for the sausage and two for the sauce.

Exercise:  Groove class

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one and a half healthy extra Bs
four syns

The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment