Saturday 30 September 2023

Saturday, 30-09-23

Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to my blog about what I eat to maintain my target weight on Slimming World.

I was delighted with a maintain at group yesterday and even more delighted to win a hamper.  It was the Slimmer of the Week hamper but the SoW didn't stay to the meeting so Jen raffled it and I won.  Loads of apples and oranges/easy peeler, cans of beans and pulses and only one thing I won't be using - a mug shot thingy.  I reckon Alex (grandson) will take that off my hands though.


Yesterday's meal photos:

I decided to make one bigger pancakes instead of several smaller ones and it was lovely - a bit like eating cake.  Well, I suppose it was sort of cake - flour, egg and yogurt plus some sweetener - a fatless sponge sort of thing.

Anyway - very yummy and I'll do it that way again, for sure, maybe containing grated apple and cinnamon.

You tend not to eat squishy sandwiches all that much on SW but this was very satisfying and definitely one to do again in various forms.
I cooked a small piece of chicken breast in Nellie the Ninja and then shredded it.  To that I added one syns-worth of super light mayo, a little bit of curry paste and a little bit of mango chutney - not all that much needed at all - and mixed it all together.
I reckoned the filling was squishy enough so didn't even consider any kind of spread; I just lined each slice of bread with thin cucumber slices and spread over the chicken.  I suppose you'd call it coronation chicken sandwich.  It would have been lovely in a pitta or a wrap too.

Later on, I had an apple.

I was so tired come the evening, I couldn't be bothered with lasagne so I just had some of the mince that had been cooking all day and some tomatoes, finishing off with a pear.  No, photos, sorry.
(I was fast asleep soon after eight)

Today's plans:

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
I have loads of apples and oranges from the raffle win so that's a good basis for a fruit salad.
SW:  syn free and plenty of speed

L:  leek and potato soup, croutons; fruit
I have a bit of leek and some potato to use up so soup is perfect.  I always cook the potatoes separate from the veg and stock because I find when I blend it all down, the potato goes gloopy.  I mash the potato and stir it into the blended mixture which actually gives it a very nice texture.
SW:  I might add some milk to make it 'creamy' or maybe a bit of light soft cheese so let's allow three syns for that plus a healthy extra B for the croutons.  The rest is syn free.

D:  lasagne, as yesterday's planning, side salad; fruit/yogurt
I went into more detail yesterday so won't again today but I plan to make it this morning for reheating because I will be out all afternoon.
SW:  pretty much both my healthy extra As for milk/cheese, a tbsp cornflour is one syn and the rest should, I think, be syn free.  It's fats that stoke up the syns/calories.

Exercise:  a rest day today

Summary:
two (plus) healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four syns



The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment