Saturday 16 September 2023

Saturday, 16-09-23

Good morning, everyone.
Well, I did it.  One and a half pounds off and I'm at target (again).  I was so very happy - still am, in fact.  It's been a battle at times , a real struggle, and I'm glad I fought back.

So - what changes?  Well - the name of this blog for a start.  :-)

The Slim for Life booklet says I can have up to two more healthy extras (either A or B) if I want them but I don't have to.  It means if I fancy pancakes for breakfast and a toastie for lunch, I don't have to syn one of them!
Also, I can have an additional fifteen syns on two or three days a week, again, if wanted.

I'll certainly take an extra healthy extra from time to time.
I almost certainly won't have so many extra syns, give that I hardly ever have many of the ones I have been 'allowed' up to now.  I suppose it means I can have the occasional meal out or special at home without thinking too hard about calories/syns, etc.  That will be nice.

I will have avocado a bit more, use olive oil or flavoured oil occasionally . . . that sort of thing.

However, having focussed on enjoying the journey rather than merely getting to target, I can't see my meals changing all that much.  I really enjoy what I am eating at the moment and I don't think that will change.

So, this blog continues in much the same way really and I will still give syns, healthy extras, etc, as applicable.  I hope that's OK.

Yesterday's meal photos:

I only planned two meals for yesterday which was just as well.  When I got home from group, my cleaners had just arrived so I wasn't able to go into the kitchen to prep anything until nearly twelve.
Instead of yogurt, I spent two syns on some syrup and it was so good.
This was much more filling than it looks.
Middle of the afternoon, I had a pear.
Dinner was SO good.  First of all, the SW air fryer bhajis were really good.  I will definitely be making them again when next I have a curry.
The butter chicken was more sauce than chicken but tasty.  I think chicken makhani is the same thing - must look for a recipe.
The other curry was Balinese curry rather than the balti so it carried a few syns but nothing awful.  It was the leftovers of a Simply Cook kit and I think I have another kit so I can make it again.
It was all delicious, perfect for a little celebration and I felt stuffed.  No dessert needed or wanted.


Today's plans:

B:  egg custard and fruit
I use 150mls milk, one egg, vanilla essence and some sugar - I'd like to try baking it in Nellie the Ninja this time.  It might not work but it's worth a try, I think.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for milk and one syn for sugar (I'll make up the rest with sugarly)

L:  salmon, lemon mayo, salad; fruit
SW:  one syn for the lemon mayo

D:  bacon cheese burger, chips, salad; fruit/yogurt
. . . because why not?  I'll use my usual recipe for a burger and use a tsp oil in the air fryer chips.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As for cheese plus a bit more for the grated cheese I add to the burger mix, one healthy extra B for a wholemeal roll, one and a half syns for chutney and one syn for a bit of salad cream to have with the chips.  Oh, and two syns for some oil.

Exercise:  a walk and some gardening

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns

No comments:

Post a Comment