Wednesday 27 September 2023

Wednesday, 27-09-23

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meal photos:

I enjoyed my boiled eggs and marmite toast for breakfast very much indeed
I used a cheap can of plum tomatoes to make the soup rather than what is left of the garden ones and, while it didn't quite have the intensity, it was still very tasty.  It's a good recipe.

I have a portion left so I will probably have that tomorrow.

Later on, I went for my Covid jab and had a bit of a reaction afterwards - nothing bad, just some tummy cramps and some tiredness and aches.  I had some nice fruit (unwise, maybe, but it's what I craved) and that was it for the day, so no evening meal photo.
Apart from a slight ache in my arm, I'm fine now so it's back to normal.
Today's plans:

B:  scrambled eggs on toast, tomatoes and mushrooms on the side
I might have some marmite on the toast, I'll see how I feel.
SW:  one healthy extra B for toast

L:  sausage meatballs in a tomato sauce, some kind of pasta, salad (maybe); fruit/yogurt
(because I didn't have it yesterday and below is copied and pasted from yesterday)
I used one Morrisons chipolata and one rosemary and red onion sausage, mixed together with some seasonings, a finely chopped bacon medallion and some softened onion.  I don't need the cheese because the sausage has some fat, that's why it is synned.   I mixed it all together, shaped six meatballs, spray fried, then added the sauce (I am using the other half of that jar I opened the other day), some veg and the cooked pasta and Bob's your uncle.
SW:  two syns for the sausage and two for the sauce.

D:  potato topped pie, veg; fruit/yogurt
I'll open a can of M&S chunky steak for the base and thin slice and par cook some potato for the top.  I have leeks to use up so I might layer some leek over the steak and gravy before topping with the potato .  I can bake it in Nellie.
SW:  the chunky steak and gravy are both syn free (cheers) so this should all be syn free

Exercise:  personal training

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four syns
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment