Thursday 21 September 2023

Thursday, 21-09-23

Good morning, everyone.

Weigh day tomorrow and I wonder how I have done.  I'm easy about it because I know I won't have gained over three pounds but I would like not to have gained at all and, just maybe, lost a little bit.  That's only because in about ten day's time I'm off for a little jolly to Center Parcs, probably with the usual consequences; it would be nice to have some wriggle room.

I was looking up a simple recipe for a cheese souffle.  It's not something I've made before - I do make the souffle omelette but that's a different thing.  Anyway, it doesn't look so bad really and I might pop it on the meal plan for next week (reduced to one portion, of course).

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cheese-souffle-4-easy-steps

Yesterday's meal photos:

Sausage bagel with baked beans and tomatoes for breakfast.
I'm down to my last two bagels - must make some more soon.

Later on I had a couple of easy peelers

h m soup plus croutons and a little salad, followed by an apple for lunch.




I'm cross with myself - I got the camera all ready and then didn't take any photos of the penne arrabbiata for dinner.  You'll have to take my word for it that it was very tasty and good and filling too so that was it for the evening.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I love a nice mix of fruits and I still have some of the baked apple skyr yogurt to enjoy.  
SW:  half a syn for the yogurt

L:  bacon, cheese and chutney toastie, tomatoes; fruit
The usual - how would I manage without my regular toastie, eh?
I still have loads of tomatoes but they are not staying fresh as long as they did as the season draws to a close so need using quickly - that's my excuse anyway!
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As (cheese), one healthy extra B (bread) and one and a half syns for the chutney

D:  Eating round a friends.  She has promised something simple and light such as salmon and I'm taking some fruit for dessert.  No idea of syns but it will be absolutely fine, I am sure.

Exercise:  online SET class

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
two syns - plus whatever I have at Val's

The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment