Monday 4 September 2023

Monday, 04-09-23

Good morning, everyone.
Sadly yesterday evening was a disaster for healthy eating.  I went to the garage to fill up and then dived headfirst into the M&S shop.  Did I enjoy what I got - at the time, yes, afterwards, not really.  Will I ever learn?  Anyway, as always, back onto it having drawn that Line and moving on . . .

Yesterday's meal photos:

Cooked breakfasts are always delicious and this was no exception.  The leek and potato bake was delicious with the egg.  I am so definitely making that bake again, for sure!
A scrummy, yummy roast chicken dinner


And, sadly, no photos of my unhealthy evening.
< sigh >

It's an occasional ongoing thing that I need to deal with somehow - before the event, I mean.
Must do some Googling . . .


Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
Not because of last night but because I have to have it earlier than usual and it is quick, easy and light on the old tum!
SW:  syn free

L:   cheese, tomato and chutney toastie, coleslaw, salad; fruit
What I was going to have last night because it is lovely and a favourite and I don't intend to 'punish' myself in any way - that's just silly and self defeating.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As, one healthy extra B, one and a half syns for chutney and one syn for alad cream

D:  lemon cod and potato traybake; egg custard and fruit
The cod recipe is from the new SW magazine, p54.  I have to adapt it slightly because I don't have any 'baby' potatoes, just Maris Pipers and I might add a few extra veggies.
I made the egg custard last week and it was delicious - and a great way of using up milk.  I don't use much milk as I have black coffee and rarely have tea but you have to have some in for visitors, don't you?
Anyway, I will make the full recipe and have half tomorrow as well.  As before, I will use some real sugar and make up the rest with sweetener - less sugar and more sweetener this time and see if that makes a difference at all.
SW:  the fish recipe is syn free, half a healthy extra A and one syn for the egg custard

Exercise:  some walking plus Lindsey's back exercises

Summary:
two healthy extra As  
one healthy extra B
three and a half syns


No comments:

Post a Comment