Tuesday 12 September 2023

Tuesday, 12-09-23

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday's meal photos:

I know this looks like splodge on toast but it was super-tasty.
I just put some halved or quartered garden tomatoes and half a ssp toasted sesame oil (one syn) in a pan on the lowest heat, covered it and just let it simmer away, taking off the lid towards the end so it thickened.  Bit of salt and bit of pepper and lo and behold!  Tomato splodge!

I lay a couple of thin slices of ham on the toast before spooning over the tomatoes, just for a bit of protein really.  So good!
Spot the 'deliberate' mistake in this tuna melt pasta bake . . . .

Yup - I forgot to add the pasta before topping with cheese, melting it under the grill and taking the photo.  Doh!
I added it afterwards and mixed it in and it made loads - I managed half and will keep the other half maybe for Wednesday.  I have today all organised.
Later on I had an apple and an orange.

Chilli for dinner. 
I already had the chilli in the freezer so I added some courgette, mushroom and fresh tomato plus some chilli flakes and, after simmering it for a while, added 20g basmati rice and a bit of water and let it all cook together.  Very nice with grated cheese on top and not a lot of washing up afterwards.  Perfick.

No dessert - I was full.


Today's plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I'll be having lunch a bit earlier than usual so I don't want a big breakfast.
SW:  no syns

L:  tomato and roasted red pepper soup, croutons, finger salad; fruit
I have a Slimming World friend staying for lunch and I made the soup the other day to freeze until today.
(I'm kind of hoping there will be leftovers of soup to use another day as a sauce but no probs if there isn't)
SW:  one healthy extra B for the croutons

D:  bacon/ham and mushroom carbonara, maybe a side salad; fruit/yogurt
The carbonara sauce is just a beaten egg (or just the yolk, maybe) and some grated Italian cheese.  
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese, half a syn for 2% Greek yogurt

Exercise:  Groove aerobics class today

Summary:
one healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
possibly half a syn


No comments:

Post a Comment