Friday 22 September 2023

Friday, 22-09-23

Good morning, everyone.

Slimming World group today and my first weigh as a target member.  It will be interesting to see what, exactly, the scales say.

It's felt odd at times this week - almost as if the ground is shifting beneath my feet.  The SW plan is very far from being rigid, but it is very supportive and foundational (I have found it to be, anyway, I am sure others may disagree) and I'm thankful that the 'good' habits it has taught me are remaining firm.

What I have done this week is up the syns a bit with healthy oils/fats (avocado, olive oil) and relaxed a bit with the healthy extra Bs (I'm not adding syns if my slice of h m bread is a bit heavier than the standard, for example).  The Slim for Life book suggests that you take it slowly and carefully in 'relaxing' a bit and that's exactly what I am doing, I think.  Last time I was at target (during and post lockdown), I think I might have gone a bit bonkers and family troubles and stresses knocked me sideways as well.  I hope I've learned from that!

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was a bowl of plum, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry and blackberry with a dollop of baked apple yogurt and, extra treat, a drizzle of salted caramel syrup for another one and a half syns.  So good!
A good old toastie for lunch.  I had planned bacon as well as cheese and chutney but, when it came to it, I couldn't be bothered!!

A bit later, I had a plum and a few grapes.


Dinner at Val's was lovely.  Salmon, new potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrot and some fruit for afters.
Thanks, Val.  x
Today's plans:

B:  fruit
Nothing more because . . . 

L:  eating out with a friend
We're meeting at a little place called The Secret Garden where you can get some lovely breakfasts and lunches.
At the moment, I fancy their salad with one of their fillings on top but that might change.  I'm not just being 'good', I really do fancy it.
That means no lunch photo tomorrow, of course.  So sorry!
SW:  unknown

D:  spaghetti bolognaise
I have some jars of pasta sauce from a company called 'Just Spices' that I thought I would try.  This seems to be a good opportunity.
It is hard to work out the syns because so much of the content will be free or speed so I can't go by the calories and it isn't on the SW site but I think I'm going to apply a blanket syn value across the board and hope that is OK.
They also do spice mixes and they ARE on the SW site so maybe it won't be long before the sauces are there too - let's hope so.
SW:  two syns for the pasta sauce, one healthy extra A for some grated cheese

Exercise:  'rest' day

Summary:
unknown today
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. That Secret Garden place looks good, Joy - a lovely celebration of your weight loss journey. Enjoy yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? I gather it does wonderful afternoon teas too - I've never had one there but Beth and I have promised ourselves that one day . . .
      xx

      Delete