Tuesday 5 September 2023

Tuesday, 05-09-23

Good morning, everyone.


Yesterday's meal photos:
I ended up just having two meals yesterday.

This was lunch.  I used grated beetroot instead of grated carrot for the coleslaw - I think I prefer having carrot and subbing the cabbage instead.  Nice but not amazing.
I had some grapes for afters.


The lemon cod and potato traybake was really delicious although I think it could have done with more lemon really.  I added courgette to the recipe, because I had some!
I don't usually post dessert photos but this was nice and dead easy.  Some rather squishy strawberries, mashed with a fork and stirred into some 0% Greek yogurt with a little bit of sugarly.  Really good!

I know I had planned egg custard but I just forgot.

Today's plans:

B:  I'm eating out for lunch with a friend so I think I will just have an apple for breakfast.
SW:  syn free

L:  I'm eating at The Fox in the Stables, just outside Braintree.  The menu is online but not the calories.  Hopefully they will have calories on the actual hard copy menu.  There's a really wide range of choice so I'm sure there will be something tasty and reasonably healthy.
I know there's always jacket potato and beans but I can have that at home any old time, can't I?  However, after the two naughties earlier on this week, if I have to, I will.
SW:  unknown

D:   tuna melt pasta bake, maybe side salad; egg custard and fruit
Another from the magazine, p 56.  Again, nothing new but I haven't made it for a while and it's nice and easy.  I'll have to skip the spinach but I will add mushroom and red pepper and the tomatoes will be fresh rather than chopped from a tim - because I have so many tomatoes at present (and they taste better).
I may or may not make the egg custard.  It depends how I feel this afternoon.
SW:  one healthy extra A for the tuna melt and half an A for milk in the egg custard, two syns for some sugar (naughty!!) and I think the rest is syn free

Exercise:  Lindsey's exercises, walking around

Summary:
for the planned food:
one and a half healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
two syns
. . . . . which does give me a bit of scope for lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment