Monday 18 September 2023

Monday, 18-09-23

Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to my blog where I talk about maintaining my weight while using the Slimming World structure with all its ups and downs!

Yesterday's meal photos:

Very autumnal to match the weather.  The fruit was blackberries, plums, apple and pear, mixed with some cinnamon type skinny syrup and with baked apple yogurt on top.  Absolutely lovely.

My lovely Sunday roast chicken dinner.
'Where's the Yorkshire platter?' do I hear you ask?  Er . . . well, to be blunt, it stuck! Really, thoroughly stuck.   I couldn't put it on the plate, it was a right mess, so I turned all old fashioned and northern (I think this was more a northern thing), I ate it before the main course as a filler.   Well, I wasn't going to waste what I could salvage, was I?
It's a good old plateful, isn't it?    There's one SW thing I will never, ever change, because I love them, and that's loading up your plate with speed food.
(and the sprouts were scrummy)

No room for any dessert - what a surprise!

I made my first ever loaf of rye bread yesterday so, of course, I HAD to try it out.
It was absolutely delicious, one of the nicest breads I have ever made and definitely one to make again.  It wasn't pure rye, it was mix of rye and wholemeal so not too dense and it toasted like a dream.

I was still pretty full from lunch so I just chopped some tomatoes to have with the toastie and it was perfect.

I need to be a bit careful, I think.  I'm not having all that much more, if at all, looking at those photos, but I felt very full through yesterday.  Maybe I need to just reduce amounts a bit - no point being uncomfortable. is there?

Today's plans:

B:  toast, avocado, poached egg and tomatoes
I'm going to use some more of the rye bread I made yesterday and call it half a B - it isn't really but this is one of the little adjustments I plan to make - very the kind of bread I have.

Having said that, maybe I ought to check.  Hang on . . .
Oh, it is!  60g for a B.  Excellent!
SW:  half a healthy extra B for bread and two and a half syns for 30g avocado

L:  Greek chicken salad; fruit
I will use this recipe adapted to what I have so it's just a guide, a starting point, an idea.
SW:   feta is one healthy extra A for 65g (it's a lighter version), one and a half syns for eight olives, three syns for some olive oil to go towards a dressing, some croutons will be the other half B, and I think that's it.

D:  sweet potato curry, bhaji; fruit/yogurt
The curry isn't mine, it is a Slimwell ready meal from Aldi and I want to use it up.   It's a curry so a good excuse to make more of those lovely bhajis - perhaps!
SW:  the ready meal is one and a half syns and the bhajis are one syn each so, I'm guessing, two syns

Exercise:  Small group circuits.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
ten and a half syns (I think - it was hard to count them) - if I have everything I have planned


The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen tyns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

No comments:

Post a Comment