Friday 6 September 2019

Friday, 06-09-19

Good morning.
No photos of yesterday - they weren't particularly exciting or unusual meals really.

I started a set of five sessions with a personal trainer yesterday.  She works from home and lives locally.  Now, there are certain 'things' about having taught in the area you live and one of those is that you ternd to know a lot of people, not really well, but enough to say 'hi' to.  So when Lindsey opened the door, I thought 'I think I know you' and she said 'Are you the Mrs Clark who used to teach at . . .'.  It only turned out that I taught her son through year 1 about fifteen years ago!  I didn't recognise the name as she's remarried since then.
Small world.
We did a lot of talking about lifestyle, diet, well being, etc, before running trough some activities and exercises.  I said about wanting to tone up and increase strength and Lindsey has taken that on board.  I'm looking forward to what she is going to throw at me next week now.

At group I got a shock but a very nice one.  Yes, I had gained but - but - only half a pound.   Such a lot less than I anticipated and I was thrilled to bits and remotivated all over again.  I didn't believe it at first and Jennifer weighed me a second time to make sure!

Today's plans:
B:  oat waffles, fruit and natural yogurt or . . .
. . .  I might do what I've wanted to do for a while and have a go at making savoury oat waffles and have them with a poached egg and some fried tomatoes.  I've found a recipe that I can adapt, a sort of cheese and onion flavoured one.  I reckon it's worth a try anyway and will let you know!
If I do, I will have two quarters for breakfast and maybe have the other two quarters with the lunchtime soup.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the oats and up to a healthy extra A for some grated cheese or maybe some dairylea light plus two syns for a tsp of olive oil for the tomatoes.

L: spicy chilli bean soup, fruit
Another from BBC Easy Cook which looks so nice I have to try it.  I won't have the tortilla chips though - I could eat my weight in them so best not to start!  What I do have is loads of home soaked and cooked pulses of various kinds; doing them this way and then freezing them  makes them so very good value.  I might sprinkle over some grated cheddar and perhaps two wedges of waffle (see above) to dunk, depending on how it works out.
SW:  one healthy extra A

D:  spice dusted salmon baked on roasting med veg, chips done the SW way and runner beans;  yogurt
I still have some spice mix I made from the last time I had salmon done this way, I have loads of tomatoes and runner beans from the garden plus a big bag of wonky peppers so, despite the salmon, this meal won't be too costly.  The chips are a Friday treat.
SW:  three syns for half a tbsp of olive oil for roasting.

Ss:  tomatoes

Body Magic:  I've booked an aqua class today




4 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, well done on the tiny gain, and all the exercise! Yes it is a small world, how nice that the trainer is someone you know. Several times we've bumped into people we know (well, usually that husband knows) in unexpected places. When we first moved to Northampton from London many years ago, one of the first people we met on the weekend we moved in was a chap who'd bought husband's car back down in London a couple of years previously. And a couple of times we've been away on holiday and bumped into ex work colleagues of husband's. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually a very nice thing to happen, isn't it. A pleasant surprise and one that leaves you feeling happy. There's something about a familiar face . . .
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well done, Joy. Personal trainers frighten me a bit, worried they'd make me do too much painful stuff. I'm hoping to try a Zumba class with a SW friend soon, she says it's a good one for the 'older' person, more gentle (she's 70 I think). I don't mind getting a sweat on and love dance routine type exercise I'm just rather uncoordinated and by the time I've got the routine they usually change to a new one. Looking forward to trying it though. Hope you have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried about that too but Lindsey really listened to me and what I wanted and won't be doing any painful stuff (I know what you mean there). She's focusing on building core strength and 'toning up' tum, arms and legs through resistance work which is just what I want. There's a bit of sweaty stuff in the warming up but that's not too long. This morning I don't hurt, there's just a rather pleasant awareness that my muscles have been working.
      I don;t think the ones at Nuffield Gym would be quite so individual but maybe I am doing them a disservice - after all that really is the point of a personal trainer, isn't it? If you can, it might be worth giving it a go at some point.
      xx

      Delete