Monday 9 September 2019

Recipe: spicy tomato and veg soup

(as you can see, I had mine with two bits of cheesy waffle)

This was put together from bits and bobs and is a two part soup.  The first part is making the tomato base and the other is just what you add to it to make it chunky.
Amounts are deliberately vague because, really, it doesn't matter.  For example, you don't HAVE to wait until you have left over chopped tomato.  Use a whole can and add more of the other stuff to match.

The first part
I used about 2/3 of a can of chopped tomatoes that I had left over and added half a chopped onion, about a quarter of a chopped red pepper and one very-mini-hot-chilli (from the garden and more than enough for me!) with a heaped tsp Marigold vegetable bouillon powder and some water.  I boiled it all up (covered) until softened and then zizzed it well.
It didn't need seasoning because the stock powder is seasoning, but this is the time to taste to check and to add more, if needed.

The second part
Into that I then popped some scraps of frozen butternut squash, a few peas, some cooked and frozen edamame beans and a bit of chopped sweet potato and just boiled it up again (covered) until everything was soft.
You could use anything you fancied really, including left over bits of meat, left over veg (if already cooked, it will be finished quicker) . . . whatever goes.

It's Slimming World free and packed wth lovely speed veg while the beans added some protein.  Very filling.



2 comments:

  1. A very versatile soup. Well, most soups are really. And to think years ago I'd only eat Heinz tomato soup!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dearly love soup. It's so easy and so tasty! I used to love Heinz tmato but not any more. It's OK, but . . .
      xx

      Delete