Saturday 21 September 2019

Saturday, 21-09-19

Good morning.

Only one photo from yesterday.
The chicken was done in the air fryer, of course, and it worked well, although I think some more flavouring is needed.  Next time I will dust the chicken in a spice seasoning before battering and cooking. 
Apart from that, I just cut the amounts down to one portion (and didn't make the sauce) and here it is.
http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/actifry-sweet-and-sour-chicken-bites

Today's meals are:
B:  a protein yogurt and a piece of fruit.
SW:  two syns for the yogurt

L: pumpkin waffles with fruit and vanilla yogurt
This is another Slimming Eats recipe and I liked the sound of it so much I looked for canned pumpkin in Tesco yesterday and found some!  Apart from that, it is much the same as my usual waffle recipe whick makes it one healthy extra B.  I can load it with berries as I bought plenty yesterday!

D:  Pizza sweet potato slices, salad, maybe a few chips, seeing how I feel.
And yet another Slimming Eats recipe (I really do recommend this site to you - advert laden, sure, but there are some really great recipes).  It is also an air fryer recipe so cheers!  The only thing I don;t have is grated (or any) mozzarella so I will use cheddar instead and might
SW:  one (or two) healthy extra A and I might use real oil instead of spray for three syns

Ss:  tomatoes

Body Magic:  I'm giving parkrun a go.  It won't be a run, it will be a brisk walk with maybe a tiny bit of jogging and it probably won't be the full 5K but I will give it a go.
Wish me luck.

6 comments:

  1. I like the Slimming Eats site ... as you say, lots of tasty recipes.

    Good luck 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, isn't it? SHame about all the ads and so on, but worth it for the recipes.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Well done Joy. You really are motivated and that makes me want to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely, thank you, Cherie. I'm really glad my blog helps you.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Always on the look out for new slimming eats, I take a look. Thanks Joy. Any movement is good movement. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true and today I certainly moved. I'm knackered now! Phew.
      xx

      Delete