Sunday 22 September 2019

Sunday, 22-09-19

Good morning!

Yesterday's photos.
I really do recommend the punpkin waffles I had for lunch yesterday.  I made the recipe without any changes  except that I waffled them for about twelve minutes on high (because I know my waffle maker) but I think next time I will add some ground ginger too.  It'll go so well, a bit like gingerbread.
I can make four more lots with the contents of the tin of pumpkin puree that's now in frozen portions for more delicious breakfasts.
Here's the recipe again.
http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/pumpkin-waffles

Dinner was really delicious too - isn't it great that there are so many lovely recipes available nowadays!
http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/air-fryer-pizza-sweet-potato-slices
I changed it a bit.  I used cheddar for a healthy extra A, I softened onion, pepper and mushroom to go on the sweet potato slices and I used a spicy tomato sauce I had in the freezer.
And I finished them off in the oven because, by that time, the actifry was doing the chips.
And I had a mixed salad too so it was a pretty hefty meal but totally SW friendly without any salad dressing.



Today's plans:
B:  bacon, egg, tomato and fried potato
What it says on the label and SW free too.  Just right for after a swim.

L:  crustless quiche with salad; a piece of fruit
Beth is round for lunch so this is perfect for a vegetarian.
SW:  one healthy extra A to top the quiche

D:  vegetarian chilli, rice, side salad; fruit or yogurt
To make the sweet potato pizza slices, I defrosted a portion of spicy tomato sauce and have plenty left so I will add to that with fresh tomatoes and a good oil mix of veg and make a chilli.
SW:  it should be free, I think athough maybe I will sub the rice for a pitta for my healthy extra B; I'll see how I feel.

Ss:  tomatoes

Body Magic:  an early morning swim.
Parkrun update.  Well, I did it, I really did it, all 5K.  Last (really last) but not least, as we say, and it took me fifty five minutes which is now recorded on my gold award record sheet!


4 comments:

  1. 5k congratulations that's amazing. I'm loving the air fried food. Ill see if I can pick up one in offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad I shelled out.
      It's not long until Black Monday or whatever they call it - it's in November, isn't it? That's the sort of thing that gets reduced.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love the look of the sweet potato pizza slices. Wow, wow, wow on the park run. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really lovely, Eloise, so tasty.
      And thanks. :-)
      xx

      Delete