Tuesday 17 September 2019

Tuesday, 17-09-19

Morning!

I only took photos of yesterday's dinner.

I used a couple of turkey burgers I had made and then frozen.  I have to apologise - I have looked back and they weren't too dry, they were rather sloppy, so I really didn't need to try and 'dampen' them.  However, I did, and it was rather nice.  I added some finely grated carrot, one healthy extra's worth of feta and I needed one tbsp flour as well (two syns).
I baked the resulting meatballs, using spray oil and reheated them in the sauce and it was really lovely!  Spicy and flavoursome and filling.
At least now I know what to add to burgers/meatballs!!!

I took the longer route to Morrisons in the afternoon and passed by a couple of apple trees so picked up two apples that were on the ground.  Obviously, they need cutting up and bad bits cut out, but the one I had yesterday was really nice so fingers crossed for today's.

Today's meal plans:
B:  tomatoes and egg
I still have a huge bowlful and they just keep coming - the plants have more than covered any costs by now so I'm loving the frugality almost as much as the flavour!
SW:  one tsp olive oil for two syns

L:  probably just some fruit and natural yogurt
I know it sounds very sparse, but it's a very busy day today and I'm not sure I have all that much time to have much of a lunch. 
SW:  free

D:  Chicken stir fry, side salad
I'm hoping the air fryer I have ordered will have arrived and, instead of starting off with chips, I want to try it on this.  OK, it would be faster on the hob, I guess, but this has a paddle, so I can set it and leave it.  I just want to give it a go really.
I'll use some sort of spice to give it all some flavour.
SW:  should be free if I use spray oil, maybe three syns if I use half a tbsp of olive oil.  Two syns if I have some mayo

Ss:  tomatoes

BM:  salsacise and toning exercises from Lindsey.  I actually managed to do a 15 second plank the other day - And, for me, that's major.  It does help that I can now lift my tum off the ground, of course!  👍

8 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. Ooh, a plank, well done you! I couldn't even get on the ground, let alone lift myself off it, haha. Enjoy playing with your new air fryer. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I do know exactly what you mean!! Planks are the devil's work, I swear they are. Ouchy things.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Joy. Your meal photo looks really good - please what is your secret to preparing your beans? I am inundated with runner beans but only seem to know how to cut them in chunks - your way looks much better and more appetizing! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those little box runner bean slicers. What I do is top and tail, use a veg peeler to string each side, then push them though the bean slicer and then chop them across so each bit of bean is short. Works for me. I'll do a wee post to show what I mean by a box slicer - they're very old designs; I remember my Mum using hers whan I was a little girl.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I got an air fryer earlier this year, a generous gift from a friend. It is brilliant with chicken, just be sure not to overcook it as (in my view) it cooks faster than normal. So far, I have used it for chips which are delicious but I very rarely eat them, sausages (ditto!) and various chicken recipes, sometimes I just use it to cook the chicken to add to another dish. I'm still learning about it, so I'll be interested to see how you use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know, thanks. I'm a bit of a 'give it a go and see' sort of person so fingers crossed!
      xx

      Delete
  4. You are doing incredibly well. Looking forward to your opinion of an airfryer as I've been tempted. I'm not one for gadgets but I might give it cupboard room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has arrived and I will be using it this evening. Exciting! Also extravagant but never mind!
      xx

      Delete