Monday 9 September 2019

Monday, 09-09-10

Morning, everyone.

Yesterday's photo diary.
The cheese waffles are definitely delicious.  I used 30g not-parmesan for a heA, more onion granules than before and some dried herbs and it was great.

It doesn't look like much in the photo but after I'd finished I really felt quite full - and that was after a swim too.  How meals look on the plate can be quite deceptive really.



I am so glad soup season is back because this was yummy.
I used about 2/3 of a can of chopped tomatoes that I had left over and added half a chopped onion, about a quarter of a chopped red pepper and one mini-chilli (more than enough) with a heaped tsp Marigold vegetable bouillon powder and some water.  I boiled it all up (covered) until softened and then zizzed it well.  Into that I then popped some scraps of frozen butternut squash, a few peas, some cooked and frozen edamame beans and a bit of chopped sweet potato and just boiled it up again until everything was soft.
It was so, so tasty and extremely filling!

(No other seasonings - the stock powder is seasoned enough really).

And I had the soup, as you can see, with the other two bits of cheesy waffle.  I took the close up photo so you can see how fluffy they are inside.


And then dinner - a sizzle steak with roasted onion, tomato, pepper and sweet potato and some runner beans.  Very nice it was too although I didn't make anything to go with the steak in the end and I decided to roast the sweet potato with the other veg rather than as chips.  It's all the same thing in the end anyway.

Dessert was some fresh pineapple with natural yogurt.








Today's plans
B:  a cooked breakfast of bacon, egg and tomatoes
SW:  one tsp oil for two syns to firstly fry the bacon and then to cook the tomatoes

L:  roasted sweet potato and carrot soup (from the freezer)
Made last week, portions frozen.
SW:  It says on my plans two syns for oil and créme fraiche - so I guess that's right.

D:  turley fajitas, salad; maybe chocolate cake, yogurt and fruit for dessert
Basically, spray frying some veg and turkey strips, adding some fajita seasoning and serving with some grated cheddar on top and a nice salad.  It's about time I had more salad and there's a cucumber just waiting to be picked!
SW:  half a tbsp oil is three syns and the chocolate cake will be one syn while the cheese is one healthy extra A.  If I pile the turkey, etc, into a pitta or a wrap, it will be my healthy extra B.

Ss:  tomatoes, yogurt

Body Magic:  Well, yesterday was pretty energetic, what with an early morning swim and a country walk in the afternoon plus some up and down on my step thingy while watching telly so, with rain forecast for today, I think I will dig out my old Rosemary Conley Salsacise DVD and do that.  It's nice to ring the changes.

Today is the last day of the first week of working towards the gold award.  One is supposed to do eight weeks of  ten lots of fifteen minutes or five lots of thirty minutes per week, over five days, including two muscle strengthening activities.  I'm well on top of that this week.

It'd better translate to a loss on those scales this week, that's all I can say!





2 comments:

  1. What a colourful day's food! Your dinner from last night looks mouthwatering. Fingers crossed for a good loss this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the tomatoes make everything look more colourful and fresh runners are vibrant too. The frozen ones tend to lose a bit of colour, sadly.
      xx

      Delete