Monday 30 September 2019

Monday, 30-09-19

Good morning.

Today's plans:  going SP for a few days.  Well, pretty much, anyway
B :  waffles with fruit and yogurt
I haven't had my 'normal' waffles for quite some time so it's about time I did!
SW:  one healthy extra B for the oats

L:  stirfry veg with added strips of ham
I bought a bag of stir fry veg last week without knowing how I was going to use it (very foolish) and if I don't use it soon, I will have to do the unthinkable and chuck it.  So I will use some real olive oil to stir fry as it's nicer than spray oil for that sort of thing, add some strips of ham and some tomatoes and season with soy sauce.
SW:  three syns for half tbsp of olive oil

D:  cheesy broccoli bake, roasted tomatoes; Mullerlight
I used to have a recipe for a fatless cheese sauce - well, not fatless because the cheese has fat, but no added butter, oil, etc.  It's quite frustrating because now I can't find it but I think I can more or less remember it and I want to give it a test run.  Basically, what you do is grate your cheese, add your seasonings (such as herbs, mustard powder, pepper, etc) and (this is the secred) some cornflour and mix it all really well so that the grates of cheese are all coated in the cornflour.  Then you add it to some milk and gently heat, stirring all the time (this is crucial and one of many reasons why I love my Thermomix) until it thickens.  Taste, season and serve.  I remember that it had a bit of a grainy texture but tasted really great.  Does anyone know this who could give me the exact proportions, please?
SW:  two healthy extra As for the cheese, each tbsp of cornflour I use is one syn and semi skimmed is two and a half syns per 100 mils

Ss:  trying for none

Body Magic:  I'm signed up for a Heart and Sole walk this morning, taking the bus in and back out again.  Not a long walk in itself but by the time you count the walk to and from the bus either end, it will amount to about an hour, which is OK,  It is a start anyway and if I get wet, I get wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment