Wednesday 18 September 2019

Recipe: an actifry breakfast

. . . well, almost.

Some of my readers have indicated that they would be interested in how I use my new toy so here we go.


Sweet potato chips, fried tomatoes and egg.

I prepped the chips and sprayed them with Fry Light (I never have any problems with 'residue' from Fry Light - maybe they've changed the recipe a bit to resolve this because people used to complain a lot).
I popped them into the Actifry, set it to setting 1 (chips, 220C) for twenty minutes and set it off.
While they were cooking I popped a plate in the oven to warm, prepped the tomatoes and sprayed my little egg pan.
When the chips were done, I tipped them onto the plate in the oven, sprayed the tomatoes and added them to the pan (no need to clean between times) and set them for ten minutes.
While they were doing I heated the little egg pan and cooked the egg.
And that was it!   Delicious, warming and filling.  Another breakfast to add to the SW list.

I'd never normally think of sweet potato chips for breakfast but why not?  One of my five a day so, with the tomatoes, that's a good two f&v portions.
And, using spray oil, it is SW free.  Win-win-win!


You don't have to watch the Genius XL and you don't have to turn or stir the contents as the paddle does it all for you.
As for washing up, done the usual way I would have three pans - the oven tray, the frying pan for the tomatoes and the little egg pan.  This way I have two (although, to be fair, the paddle needs cleaning separately).
And everything is dishwasher proof anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that Joy. I too think they may have changed the frylite formula although I use it sparingly. I think I may have to treat myself to a small airfyer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is worth thinking about. Happy hunting.
      xx

      Delete