Monday 16 September 2019

Monday, 16-09-19 - edited


The Spice Tailor Butter Chicken

Good morning, everyone.

First of all, a report on the Spice Tailor butter chicken kit.

Here it is, copied from Google Images.  You get a little bag of spices/herbs, a base sauce and a main sauce.  You can use any appropriate protein really, but I used chicken (two decent sized breast fillets);  I also add to the recipe half an onion, half a red pepper, a tiny bit of one of my chillies that I had left from something the day before and some mushrooms, all chopped.  To incorporate these, I softened them first in a little oil, then strained them off using a slatted spoon before following the instructions (which are clear and simple) and adding the veg back in after adding the main sauce.
The last step is to add a good dollop of butter!  I didn't, obviously, and, while it might have added something to the flavour, it was lovely without and I didn't miss it.
The whole pack is twenty and a half syns and one needs to add another six syns for a tbsp oil and for anything else you might add that has to be synned.
Call it twenty six syns for what made four good portions (the pack said two to three - but then there was the added veg), so six and a half syns per portion.
I think that's a price worth paying for something that was absolutely delicious.  I will be buying another kit and will make it up the same, eat one and freeze three.  I might even remember to take a photo!!

(Just to say, I'm not a Famous Blogger/'Influencer', I don't get asked to do reviews, I don't get paid or given free samples or anything else and my opinions are my own.)


Today's plans:
B:  spple and natural yogurt
SW free

L:  fried tomatoes on toast; orange
I'll use one tsp oil to brush over the bread - it's crispier and nicer that way.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the toast and two syns for the oil.

D:  turkey meatballs in a tomato and veg sauce, runner beans
The meatballs originate from some turkey burgers I made and froze but they were too dry so I am thawing out a couple, adding some finely grated carrot and some finely grated cheese and reforming them as meatballs.  Hopefully they will be less dry.  The sauce will be various veg, softened in fry light and then simmered in chopped tomatoes with various spiced added.  I might pep it up with some chilli too.  Oh, and more grated cheese over the top!
SW:  the burgers were half a syn each, so one syn, the cheese will be both my healthy extra As and I think that will be it!

Ss:  tomatoes, if any

Body Magic.  Just a walk so I will make it a brisk one.  I might do some Salsecise later on too.

No comments:

Post a Comment