Wednesday 18 September 2019

Wednesday, 18-09-19

Good morning!

Just one photo for the diary today.
Well, I had to christen my new toy, didn't I?
I cut up one chicken breast and poped it in a bowl with spray oil and cajun spice.
I thinly sliced a third of an onion, a bit opf red pepper, a bit of yelloe pepper and some sweet optato - just a bit - and popped them in another bowl with spray oil and cajun spice too.
Half an hour before dinner, I popped the lot in the Actifry on setting 7 (the wok setting) and set it off.  Just under half an hour later, having been cooked and stirred by the paddle, out it came and it was beautiful!
It'd be nice with baby corn, mushrooms, etc, and I will definitely do it again.
Yes, I could do it in the oven, although I'd have to keep opening the oven door to mix and turn it all and I think heating an oven would be more expensive.  Not that this will cover the cost of the machine quickly but never mind, that's what saved 'lump sums' are for!

Also, I have to admit, I made some chips mid afternoon (but I shared them with Beth so just one syn).  I cut up one smallish jacket potato, popped the chips in a bowl with one level tsp of olive oil and some cajun spice (which is what came to hand), popped them in, set it to the chips setting and half an hour later, out they came.  I have to admit, they were lovely and crunchy.

So a good start!

Today's plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt
SW free

L:  crustless quiche (from the freezer), fried tomato
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese in the quiche and two syns for a bit of olive oil to fry the tomatoes

D:  spiced salmon, salad
I will use that Moroccan spice I made that's still going strong.
SW:  one syn for some mayo.

Ss:  tomatoes, cinnamon sugar pitta chips (a recipe I'm trying out for the taster party next week from the wonderful Slimming Eats site).  One healthy extra B

Body Magic:  an hour session with personal trainer, Lindsey

It's a very odd day today.  I will be out over lunch time (at Lindsey's) and out at dinner time at a governors' meeting.  Meal times will be all over the place but at least I know what I'm having and will have it all prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment