Sunday 1 September 2019

Sunday, 01-09-19

Good morning, everyone.  A new month starts today and Autumn is definitely on the way.

Thanks very much for the positive and supportive comments yesterday.  I hope it didn't come over that I was fed up with Slimming World or anything because that certainly isn't the case.  I'm very pleased to have found a 'system' that really suits me and I don't want to stop.  I guess I was just rather fed up with myself for letting things slip and I do feel I need something to work alongside SW for that last little stretch of the journey.

So, here's today's meal plans.
B:  scrambled eggs and tomatoes
SW:  I will use spray oil for the tomatoes to this should be SW free.

L:  chilli con carne with runner beans, courgettes and rice.
Just what it says and it should be SW free unless I add some grated cheese for a healthy extra B.  The con carne base is some savoury mince - I made a batch for dad, frozen in one and two person portions, using added lentils and oats and lots of veg, and I've brought over a couple of chillies from the garden.  I'll soften the chillies and then add in the savoury mince and some mixed beans.

D:  chicken and veg curry, lentil dhal and more runner beans
The curries are both portions frozen a few weeks ago.  The double dose of runners is because lunch is at Dad's while dinner is back at home where there will be more to pick and use.  Free veg is not to be sniffed at!
SW:  I think there's a few syns because I used some oil in the dahl.  I'll check on the wrapping when I get it out of the freezer - I always write the syns on with a sharpie because otherwise I'd never remember!

Ss:  tomatoes - oh, they are so good at the moment

And I will have a good YouTube search for exercise routines I can do at home.  May as well start how I mean to go on.  New month, new motivation - that's the idea, anyway!


10 comments:

  1. New month, new motivation for me to. I think you have had an incredible weight loss journey. Like both SW & WW advocate it's not a diet it's a way of life. I'm 7lb above goal weight so it's time to knuckle down again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so very true and it is important to hold onto that, I think. Good luck to you - I think you will get there quickly.
      Thank you for all your kind words and encouragement.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Perhaps you've still been grieving, Joy, and subconsciously unable to concentrate fully, that wouldn't surprise me at all. Anyway, you're more focused now so you will succeed. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that but it wouldn't surprise me if you were right, actually. Thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Lots of reaffirmation all round for the new season (for me anyway). Good luck with your PT and new focus. It's the "back to school" mentality for me! (And on that note I will be baking a lemon, courgette and poppy seed cake to start my staffroom popularity off on a high! Followed by healthy meal prep for the week - time to tackle the family, 3 of us too fat and one too thin... Challenge accepted!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm - that cake sounds wonderful. Surely, with courgette and lemon it has to be some of your five a day? ;-)
      Good luck with the challenge and the meal preparation. I've just sent myself an email with some ideas for the week as I'm still at dad's. It's looking good.
      xx
      xx

      Delete
  4. Good morning, Joy. Just caught up with your yesterday's comment. Can only say I completely identify with your current weight situation. Had to refocus myself this week and have blown it again over the past 3 days because when friends or family and temptation are on the same page I give in. I'm lucky to have lovely friends and family so only I can deal with me. I hope your self kick up the you know what helps you get where you want to be. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And good luck to you too. It's not always that easy, is it. We know what needs doing but somehow . . .
      We will get there.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Sometimes I get fed up. Not with SW but with the need for it. I get fed up that I can't just eat without always having to think about it. Now, heads down......lets do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. It's frustrating that, without thought, my choices would not be good, despiute my age and experience. Acceptance rules here though, for me!
      We'll do it!
      xx

      Delete