Friday 27 September 2019

Friday, 27-09-10

Morning!

Two and a half pound off at group.  A step in the right direction although it hasn't made up for last week's gain, nor has it meant that I have lost any weight during the month, despite everything.
I'm fighting to remain motivated - I'd have expected that upping the exercise so significantly would have burnt more calories and, honestly, I am not eating more to compensate but there you go - it's now very slow, I need to focus on keeping it steady, not on huge losses and to make sure that I haven't let  - er - 'irregularities' sneak in through the back door.
Having Dad here this weekend will help.  Also, I'm glad the upcoming holiday will be very active and that I will be in charge of what I eat there!  I'm goping to plan my socks off with all the nicest SW friendly recipes I can remember so every meal is a treat - but healthy too.

Yesterday's photo diary:

For breakfast, I was trying a new recipe for 'protein pancakes..  They were easy to make, looked and smelled great but, frankly, they were just boring.  A sense of nutritional high ground in no way compensated for the fact that the best bit by far was the fruit and yogurt.  I have some super pancake recipes and will be sticking to them in future!
Filling, mind you, they were definitely filling!


I somewhat changed lunch too.  Instead of just crumbling feta over the ratatouille, I did this.  I sprayed an ovenproof dish and spooned in the ratatouille, spreading it evenly down.  Then I whisked one egg with some natural yogurt and 30g (one healthy A), of parmesan, very finely grated and poured it over the top, baking it at around 200C for about 20 to 25 mins or so until the top was brown and bubbly.  It wasn't a sauce, it was a set top, and it could have been a bit more cheesy but it was nice and I'll give it another go at some point using cheddar instead.

Today's plans:
B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  half a syn for a Mullerlight (I fancy that instead of natural yogurt this morning)

L:  crustless quiche, salad
I have two egg yolks left over from yesterday's pancakes so I'll add another couple and make a quiche.  Dad will be here by then so it will do for the both of us.  I'll use onion, pepper, mushroom and some chopped ham - that will be tasty!
SW:  one healthy extra A for the cheese on top.

D:  Pizza, sweet potato chips, coleslaw, more salad
Originally, Dad was coming here yesterday and I had bought a pizza for him to have while I was at Group.  So that's what we're having tonight instead.
SW:  Shockingly, a quarter of the pizza is eight syns  - a lot for a little but perfectly workable in the SW system.  I'm not having all the healthy extras so that will compensate a little bit.  I will use spray oil for the sweet potato fries.  Oh, and one syn for mayo on the coleslaw.

Ss;  none

Body Magic:  I'm feeling quite weary so I'll change my original plan (which was an early morning swim) and do something from Youtube instead.

 Fingers crossed!


3 comments:

  1. The topping on the ratatouille sounds great. It makes it a more substantial meal, and that's what we need! Fab weight loss, and if it means you've maintained over the month, that's a positive. I lost 1.5lb on Monday. If I can do he same this week, I'll be happy with that. Macmillan day at the gym today so loads of cakes but I resisted! Then out for lunch and I had salmon salad. I felt very virtuous as the other three all had haddock and chips. I did give in to two Thorntons chocs after. 4 syns each so that's ok. Have a fab weekend, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, maintaining is a lot better than gaining, thank you, Eloise, I appreciate that.
      Fingers crossed for you on Monday and well done for resisting the cakes!
      xx

      Delete