Tuesday 24 September 2019

Tuesday, 24-09-19

Good morning.  Time is slipping away, we're now in the last third of September and properly into autumn, the days are getting shorter and comfort food is looming larger on the horizon.  Lovely!

Photo diary:
Breakfast was just wonderful.  Pumpkin oat pancakes from Slimming Eats and I'm doing them again, for sure.  I now have a lovely long list of breakfasts for when my brain is slow to get working!

Lunch was also very tasty.  The few sweet potato fries worked a treat with the quiche and salad.


















Dinner, the vegetable chilli, looks very brown and 'worthy' but it was tasty and filling.













Today's food plans:
B:  apple and cinnamon pancakes, berries and yogurt
Taken from the Pinch of Nom book, p 22, this should be delicious!
SW:  If I was being totally SW strict, I would syn the grated apple part of the recipe because it's cooked - but you know what I think about that!  So it's just a healthy extra B for the oats.

L:  vegetable and butterbean soup, piece of fruit
From the freezer, I made this with some yellow sticker prepped veg so it's really frugal.  It will be just right for a post aqua class lunch.
SW:  free

D:  baked tomato risotto, broccoli; protein yogurt
This is  a SW recipe that folk were raving about on our local  SW facebook group so I thought I'd give it a go.  I'll have some broccoli on the side because a) I want to up my green veg and b) I have some in the fridge.
SW:  should be free but as I have two health extra As to use, I might add some grated cheese.  The protein yogurt will be two syns

Ss:  tomatoes, maybe natural yogurt

Body Magic:  I've booked an aqua class and will do some swimming before and after.  Before as a warm up and after so that the queues for the showers have died down.
I'm now into the fourth week of working for the gold body magic award so almost half way there.


8 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, signing up for that gold body magic award was certainly an excellent idea for you, it's really motivated you to do so much exercise hasn't it? Enjoy your day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has, hasn't it? Even if it isn't having much effect on the weight, I think it's doing me some good! Can't be bad,
      xx

      Delete
  2. The vegetable chilli looks very nice, probably no more brown than a meat one!

    Hope you're enjoying the exercise, I had to take a week of last week due to a bad back and I really looked forward to getting back to it this week. I do 14 minutes a day on an exercise bike and it has made a huge difference in the months since I started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad things have healed enough for you to be able to get back on the bike.

      And you're right about the chilli!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I've never signed up for Body Magic and yet I should because I go to the gym. In theory I attend three times a week, but the reality is that more often I go twice. It would perhaps encourage me to get the extra session in, or even go for a walk. Lost 1.5lb last night. Happy with that. I tried some PON banana and peanut butter buns (website, not book) but was disappointed as they didn't taste of either. It's the only recipe I've tried that I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there's bound to be one or two!
      Well done with the loss - I hope I do as well on Thursday!
      I think you have to want to do the BM awards really - they don't make much of a thing about them, do they, indicating that they're not that popular really.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I think I've only ever seen 3 or 4 awards given out for BM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. It's not a big thing but it seems to be keeping me on track and I actually do feel much better for being a bit more active and, honestly, I never, ever thought I would say that! It's weird!
      xx

      Delete