Thursday 5 September 2019

Thursday, 05-09-19

Morning!

Yesterday's photo diary.
OK, so it doesn't look all that amazing but it was really nice.

The omelette is that shape because, when in Matalan on Tuesday, I bought a one egg microwave poacher/omelette makes (please don't shudder!) and was giving it a try out.  It was very tasty and the meal was filling, despite using just one egg and one mushroom.  I shall try it with more flavoursome fillings - bacon, maybe, or some grated chorizo.
I'm glad I bought it.



The roasted sweet potato and carrot soup was absolutely gorgeous.  I made half quantities and shared it into three portions but it was so good I ended up having half.  I invited Beth to have the other half but she'd just eaten, so I will see if it freezes.  It's in a current magaze and, luckily, here's a link.   https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/roasted-sweet-potato-carrot-soup
I used 30mls half fat créme fraiche, a very small chilli from the garden and a splash of milk because it made up very thick.  Oh, and one tsp oil plus some spray oil for roasting and I roasted the onion with the carrot and sweet potato.
Honestly - well worth making.

Dinner's recipe is also on the BBC site.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/725645/refried-bean-quesadillas

I did quarter amounts (roughly) I didn't use any oil, just spray oil, I used some cajun spice instead of the individual spices, I used 45g feta, not because it's a good melting cheese (it isn't) but because I love it, I made some salsa (I'll do the recipe separately) and I had two level tbsp of half fat créme fraiche to spread over the top of each mouthful.
And. It. Was. Lovely!


Today's menu plans:
B:  fruit and natural yogurt
SW:  free

L:  boiled eggs, toast, apple
SW:  one healthy extra B

D:  chicken and veg jalfrezi, lentil dahl, fancy rice and a bit of créme fraiche (well, I have to use it up).
Apart from the créme fraiche, everything is in the freezer so quickly heated up for after SW and I WILL NOT GO TO MORRISONS!!!
SW:  one syn for the lentil dahl, three syns for the créme fraiche and two syns for the fancy rice

Ss:  tomatoes (what else?

Body Magic:  it's my first session with the personal trainer so I'm nervous.  She's already said she want to go over current lifestyle so, I guess, a lot of talking, but also some moving too.  I'll let you know how it goes.


Today, being Thursday, is SW group this evening.  You will probably have noticed (and were much, much too kind to say) that I ducked out of last week's meeting for the first time ever.  I'm sorry I did that now but, at the time, I couldn't face it, knowing I had gained such a lot (and I really had).  So this week will certainly show a gain but it won't be a disaster because things have gone really well this month so far and I'm on top of it again.  That's what I need to be sure of.



8 comments:

  1. Cute little omelette! I really like chorizo in omelette or quiche, the flavours go so well together and you don't need a lot as it's such a pronounced flavour, so very economical. The quesadilla thing looks good, I do like the BBC good food site. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant site, isn't it? So many resources.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I make similar in the bottom of a pyrex dish. Simple and good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy your session with the trainer.

    Your food looks lovely, I always head to BBC Good Food for ideas, such a great site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. It really is an excellent site for all sorts of things, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  4. There are times when I feel like ducking out but as I do the weighing I can't let the rest of the team down at short notice, so even when I know the scales are going to groan, I have to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I help with the scales too so I was not proud of myself. I won't do that again, I have promised myself.
      xx

      Delete