Saturday 7 September 2019

Saturday, 07-09-19

Morning, all.

Yesterday's photo diary
My experiment with savoury waffles was, forgive the boasting, a great success.  I had two bits for breakfast and kept two for lunch.  It's always nice to have something to dunk in soup.

I've done a write up as a separate post and will write it out properly after trying a few variations.


Lunch was spicy chilli bean soup, recipe here.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spicy-chilli-bean-soup
I used one mini chilli from the garden instead of chilli powder, a dollop of yogurt instead of tortillas and lime and made just one portion.  It was very warming and filling too perfect for a late lunch after a swim and an aqua class..











And dinner was also nice - bright and colourful too.  I decided not to do runner beans as I knew I'd have a plateful without.

I finished off with a piece of the chickpea chocolate cake with some pineapple and natural yogurt.


All in all, a delicious day's eating.







Today's plans are:
B:  banana pancakes with fruit and yogurt
These are from the freezer and I will just pop them under the grill to warm them up.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for the oats in the pancakes

L:  vegetable and lentil soup; piece of fruit
From the freezer and SW free and I will cut up, spray and bake a small slice of wholemeal bread to make some croutons and sprinkle over some grated cheddar too.
The soup is some that I made with some YS 5p packs of mixed veg so it's really extremely frugal and the bread is also YS bread.
SW:  the other half of my B and one healthy extra A

D:  creamy lentil and veggie curry, runner beans;  chickpea chocolate cake fruit and yogurt
This is another Easy Cook recipe that I'll do more or less straight, I think.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/creamy-lentil-veggie-curry
SW:  three syns for half a tbsp oil and one syn for the cake

Ss:  tomatoes, of course!  :-)  Looking out of the window, there's more to pick today!

Body Magic:  a walk

It's pretty much a vegetarian day today which I always find more frugal.  I'm almost out of lentils so will pop into a health food shop intown where they do a BOGOF which makes the lentils great value.  I might get some other dried pulses while I'm at it too, for the top shelf!

And finally, given that I have upped my exercise levels, I thought I'd go for the gold Body Magic award so I've started a record sheet!  Eight weeks, it takes!  Phew.


2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence. Only yesterday I suggested that Alexander borrow my waffle maker and create some chocolate waffles for his girlfriend... I look forward to any waffle recipes that you might share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope he liked them.
      I've posted a discription of what I did and will turn it into proper recipe format soon.
      xx

      Delete